Triund Trek & Camping
The Triund Trek will take you on a journey with spectacular views of snow clad mountains, grassy meadows and amazing starry skies.
- Beautiful views of the mighty peaks of Dhauldhar mountain range.
- Free facility to freshen-up/change at Mcleodganj Base Camp.
- Free facility to keep luggage at Mcleodganj Base Camp.
- Short and exciting trekking & camping experience.
- All meals included.
Special Offer: Use Coupon Code TRD2018 on Trodly Mobile App to get Rs. 100 discount
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on many occasions during the trip.
- Daily Availability: Fixed daily departure for even a single member.
- Free Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at base-camp.
Detailed Trek Overview
Triund, near Mcleodganj, is perfect trekking destination for first-time or occasional trekkers. In this trek package, all arrangements are already taken care of. All you have to do is enjoy the short adventure trip with our experienced guide. Triund lies at the foothills of the sublime Dhauladhar range. Triund offers panoramic views of the peaks on one side and the luscious Kangra valley on the other. Total trek distance of 9 kilometres takes 4-6 hours and takes you to an altitude of 2,875 meters. Last one kilometre of the ascent is a little steep and requires some effort.
The trail of the Triund trek goes through a forest with a myriad of trees from oak to deodar and rhododendron. Because of its natural beauty, the trail is famous amongst youngsters. Every weekend trekkers from all over India reach Delhi to take this trek.
While on the trek, there are many small tea stalls and cafes set up along the trail where refreshments can be had. At Triund Top, hot food is served and stay arranged in comfortable tents. Spend the night under the beautiful star-studded night sky. Next morning witness the exquisite sunrise at this in midst of high Himalayan peaks and take a light stroll till the snowline. Temperature and weather at this place are perfect from March to June and August to November.
Return route from the Triund offers a variety of views and experiences. From dewy meadows to the gushing Bhagsu waterfall – no better way to end the Triund trek.
Once back in Mcleodganj, you can explore the area if you little extra time. Visit the Dal Lake, Naddi Village, Galu Devi temple and monasteries around Dharamshala.
Day 1: Report at Mcleodganj Basecamp- Trek through Dharamkot & Naddi (9 km | 5/6 hrs)- Overnight Camping.
Day 2: Explore Triund Hill Top- Trek back to Mcleadganj Basecamp.
- 10:00 am - Report by 10:00 am at the Base Camp in Mcleodganj
- 11:00 am - Freshen-up and keep luggage free of cost at base camp
- 11:30 am - The 4-5 hour trek to Triund goes via Dharamkot & Naddi
- 1:00 pm - Have packed lunch on the way
- 4:00 pm - Once we reach the Triund top (2875m), you are free to explore the nearby area on your own
- 5:30 pm - Snacks & Tea served in the evening.
- 8:30 pm - Hot and fresh dinner served at the campsite, we camp overnight at Triund.
- 7:00 am - Freshen up and have breakfast at the scenic Triund Hill Top campsite
- 8:00 am - Relax in early morning fresh air and visit Snow Line (optional)
- 10:00 am - Check out from camp and start the trek back to Mcleodganj base camp.
- 2:00 pm - Trek ends as we reach back to the Base Camp in Mcleodganj.
- All Meals during the trek, i.e. Packed Lunch, Snacks and Dinner on Day 1 - Breakfast on Day 2
- Packed Lunch: 1 Veg Sandwich, 2 Bananas, 1 Chocolate, 1 biscuit packet, 1 juice,
- Evening Tea on Day 1
- Dinner: Dal, Mix Veg or Mutter Paneer , Rice and Roti
- Breakfast: Bread Omelette or Maggi or Aloo Paratha with Tea
- Free Cloak Room Facility and Resting room facilities at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Expert Guides
- Poters are to carry only the tents and the equipments required for camping at Triund
- Camp accommodation at Triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps on Twin sharing basis - subject to availability)
- Common Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Any other service not mentioned in Inclusions
- Bottled Water
- Any additonal portage / ponny for personal luggage/bags
- Expense on any personal nature
Things to Carry:
- T-shirts, comfortable trekking pants (avoid cotton), Jackets - Windproof with hood preferable to keep you warm from the cold wind.
- Sweaters must be full sleeves and woolen plus, Dry Socks 3 or 4 pairs. Muffler is optional.
- Trekking shoes with thick soles and most importantly, It should be Comfortable.
- Flip-flops must be Lightweight, also Raincoat.
- A Weightless Towel, a Water Bottle,
- Lip Balm, Sun block, Mosquito repellent.
- Cap is a must under the sun which also includes the Sunglasses
- At night, Torch is a must.
- General Medicines, Personal toiletries
- Book lovers can carry books.
- Do not make your back pack too heavy.
- Avoid bringing expensive watches or jeweleries for the trek. Note that we are not responsible if it is misplaced.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Mobile reception is available in some stretches during the trek, but Triund does not have mobile reception. Vodafone & BSNL network does show-up sometimes but would not be of much use.
50 travellers found this helpful
Triund trek is not a tough trek and usually takes about 5-6 hours to reach Triund from Mcleodganj. The total Triund trek distance is about 7 Kms. Last 2 Kms are little steep.
75 travellers found this helpful
Yes taking a guide is advisable for Triund Trek as weather is unpredictable in such areas and an experienced guide knows how to deal in such situations. Guide must be a trained professional.
43 travellers found this helpful
As Triund trail is little rocky, hiking shoes are recommended, have at least shoes with a good grip and extra pair of socks. A warm jacket according to the season and must carry a raincoat or poncho in rainy season. There is no need to carry food/snacks as there are shops & cafes along the trail and also on top.
46 travellers found this helpful
The reporting location of the trek - McLeodganj Base Camp is about 1 km walking distance from McLeodganj Bus Stand. Exact reporting address and local contact details are sent automatically in email/SMS once booking is done.
58 travellers found this helpful
Although Triund is an easy trek, conditions at Triund Top can be unpredictable sometimes. Bad weather if encountered may not be best for small child. Camping at night with 5 year old or younger child on Triund Top is not advisable. Day hike can be done.
2 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Mcleodganj Base Camp (Exact location shared in booking e-mail voucher)
₹ 1490 Per Person