Danphebir La Trek
If there is a route in Sikkim really less traveled, that is Danphebir La. A signature itineraray of RockyFeet. It will take you through a walk along the India Nepal border crowned by white capped peaks including many major at distance far like Everest & Kanchendzonga.Danphe Bhir La , the Pass of the Pheasant, from here it is possible to see the whole of Sikkim with the view stretching out well into Tibet and Bhutan. Also one more hour of walk away you can reach the Kag Bhir La (the Pass of the Crow).There are 3 high altitude glacial lakes Lachmipokhari ,Mayurpokhari and Hanspokhari lake. The Camp site beside the lakes are a gem of this trail.
- Grade: Strenuous
- Max Altitude: 4550m
Day 1: Arrival Day
Arrive at Siliguri railway station or Bagdogra airport. Drive to Uttarey (8 hours).
Day 2: Trekking Day
Start trek at Uttarey(2000m) through forested trail. Reach Chewabhanjam camp site(3100m) at Indo-Nepal border near SSB camp. 5 hours walk.
Day 3: Trekking Day
Start early. Walk through the ridgeline to reach Dhur camp site(3800m). long day, 7-8 hours walk.
Day 4: Trekking Day
Continue through ridgeline to reach Pare Meghu/Meghuthang (3880m). 6-7 hours walk.
Day 5: Trekking Day
Day’s walk 4-5 hours. Meghu to campsite at the banks of Lampokhari lake (4300m).
Day 6: Trekking Day
A photographic day at lake side and Rest day too.
Day 7: Trekking Day
Start very early at 4 am , climb 2 km to Danphebir Pass(4530m). A further hour’s contouring and a small ascent reveals the Kag Bhir La (the Pass of the Crow) where we can a panorama of Himalayan peaks including Khangchendzonga.Then return and climb down to Yangshep camp site(3750m) via Gomathang.
Day 8: Trekking Day
Trek from Yangshep to Camp at Pangding (4275m). 5-6 hours hiking.
Day 9: Trekking Day
Long walk with ups and downs to reach Pangding to Dzongri(4030m). Here we connect the most popular trail of Goecha La pass. 6-7 hours walking.
Day 10: Trekking Day
Climb down to Bakhim (2850m) village. 6 hours down climb.
Day 11: Trekking Day
Continue descending till Yuksom(5580 ft) where the trek ends. 6 hours walk. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Departure Day
Start early morning from Yuksome towards your next destination.
- Stay at Yuksom & Uttarey on 2-3 sharing basis in Eco-Guest House or Home stay.
- Stay at campsite on 2-3 sharing basis in tent
- Arrival day Snacks and Dinner To Departure day Breakfast.
- At the campsite, breakfast and dinner and packed lunch during activities. Veg/Non-Veg as per preference.
- Climbing and Forest Fees based on your Nationality.
- Sleeping bag, mat, crampon, ice-axe, rope. All gears with pro quality standards.
- Transportation – Pickup and drop on arrival and departure of Leh, trek start and end point by car.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Cancellation prior to 45 days from the start of the event– full refund.
- Cancellation between 45 days and 30 days to the start of the event– 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 30 days to the start of the event– No refund, but if you want to do the same trek sometime later with in a year, you will get 65% discount on Trek Fee. Reach us if you want to use the same amount for another trek.
- There will be a deduction of 3.09% as bank processing charges on all refunds.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.