Danphebir La Trek
If there is a route in Sikkim really less traveled, that is Danphebir La. A signature itineraray of RockyFeet. It will take you through a walk along the India Nepal border crowned by white capped peaks including many major at distance far like Everest & Kanchendzonga.Danphe Bhir La , the Pass of the Pheasant, from here it is possible to see the whole of Sikkim with the view stretching out well into Tibet and Bhutan. Also one more hour of walk away you can reach the Kag Bhir La (the Pass of the Crow).There are 3 high altitude glacial lakes Lachmipokhari ,Mayurpokhari and Hanspokhari lake. The Camp site beside the lakes are a gem of this trail.
- Grade: Strenuous
- Max Altitude: 4550m
Day 1: Arrival Day
Arrive at Siliguri railway station or Bagdogra airport. Drive to Uttarey (8 hours).
Day 2: Trekking Day
Start trek at Uttarey(2000m) through forested trail. Reach Chewabhanjam camp site(3100m) at Indo-Nepal border near SSB camp. 5 hours walk.
Day 3: Trekking Day
Start early. Walk through the ridgeline to reach Dhur camp site(3800m). long day, 7-8 hours walk.
Day 4: Trekking Day
Continue through ridgeline to reach Pare Meghu/Meghuthang (3880m). 6-7 hours walk.
Day 5: Trekking Day
Day’s walk 4-5 hours. Meghu to campsite at the banks of Lampokhari lake (4300m).
Day 6: Trekking Day
A photographic day at lake side and Rest day too.
Day 7: Trekking Day
Start very early at 4 am , climb 2 km to Danphebir Pass(4530m). A further hour’s contouring and a small ascent reveals the Kag Bhir La (the Pass of the Crow) where we can a panorama of Himalayan peaks including Khangchendzonga.Then return and climb down to Yangshep camp site(3750m) via Gomathang.
Day 8: Trekking Day
Trek from Yangshep to Camp at Pangding (4275m). 5-6 hours hiking.
Day 9: Trekking Day
Long walk with ups and downs to reach Pangding to Dzongri(4030m). Here we connect the most popular trail of Goecha La pass. 6-7 hours walking.
Day 10: Trekking Day
Climb down to Bakhim (2850m) village. 6 hours down climb.
Day 11: Trekking Day
Continue descending till Yuksom(5580 ft) where the trek ends. 6 hours walk. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Departure Day
Start early morning from Yuksome towards your next destination.
- Stay at Yuksom & Uttarey on 2-3 sharing basis in Eco-Guest House or Home stay.
- Stay at campsite on 2-3 sharing basis in tent
- Arrival day Snacks and Dinner To Departure day Breakfast.
- At the campsite, breakfast and dinner and packed lunch during activities. Veg/Non-Veg as per preference.
- Climbing and Forest Fees based on your Nationality.
- Sleeping bag, mat, crampon, ice-axe, rope. All gears with pro quality standards.
- Transportation – Pickup and drop on arrival and departure of Leh, trek start and end point by car.
- All your personal apparel and gear like shoe, down jacket, backpack etc.
- Keeping in mind the altitude of trek, book an additional acclimatization day at Uttarey with the cost of 1200 INR, stay + breakfast+Dinner.
- Offloading of backpack can be done at Additional Cost
- Any charges for camera, if required.
- Any insurance.
- Anything is not mentioned into above inclusions.
What to pack:
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen SPF 20 above|Sunglasses( UV proof/ Polarizer) |Sun Hat Scarf |Balaclava /Face mask
- Water Shell: Poncho | Water proof Upper & Lower | Waterproof Backpack Cover | Scarf Water useable shoes for rafting days
- Winter Care: Cold Cream/ Moisturizer | Lip Balm | Thermal Inner Wears | Ear Cover | Sweater/Fleece jackets | Down Jackets | Hand Gloves | Woollen Socks | Face Masks/ Balaclava | Mufflers
- General: T Shirts | Socks | Undergarments | Thin Nylon Ropes for multi-purpose use | Toilet Paper Roll | Towel | Soap Papers | Head lamp / Torch | Batteries & charger | Water Bottles | Light weight Pants | Personal Medical & First Aid Kit | Tickets & bookings | Photo Identity Card
- Specialized Gear: Ruck Sack/ Day Pack | Sleeping Bag (Provided) | Trekking Shoes | Snow Gaiters | Trekking Stick/pole | Camera
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Siliguri Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport