Deoriatal, Chopta & Chandrashila Trek-5 Days
Embark on a trek of Chopta and Chandrashila with Deoriatal, which is in Garhwal region of Himalayas. This is an easy trek where the peaks have stunning views.
- Visit the 1000-year-old highest Shiva temple at Tungnath at an altitude of 3680 m
- Scenic views of Deoria Tal
In winter this part of the world puts on a different look. A look which will make you stand awestruck before taking the next step through the snow! Chopta, Deoriatal, Tungnath & Chandrashila Winter Trek is one of a kind experience. The 5000-year-old Tunganath temple located at a height of 3,680 m (12,073 ft) just below the peak of Chandrashila, is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the panchkedars and is believed to be built by Arjuna himself.
Chandrashila is famous for its breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges. Deorital and Chopta are the places which are blessed with some unmatchable beauty of nature. This is an exclusive chance for you to witness the peculiar culture of a village which wakes up every morning before the mighty Himalayas. Wake up with them and experience how they go about with their daily lives. Even for a day be a part of their life. The 5 days of this trek will give you the opportunity to breathe in the love of Mother Nature. You will be walking through the thick woods and green meadows and spending your night under the starry sky.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sari - 232km, 7-8 hours drive.
- The guests are requested to report at Dehradun bus stand and meet the instructor here.
- We will start the drive from Dehradun to village Sari which is 232 km and might take 7-8 hours.
- Reach Sari and rest at the guest house.
Day-2: Sari to Deoria Tal(2430m)| 2-3 hours trek for 2.3km
- After breakfast, start the walk towards Deoria Tal, which is an uphill and the trail passes through rhododendrons.
- Walk for 2-3 hours to reach the beautiful lake Deoria Tal.
- Since the trek is short, one can spend the day soaking in the peaceful forest environment and can also go for short walks around the lake.
Day-3: Deoria Tal - Chopta (2680 m) | 15 km - 7-8 hours trek.
- Start early today as we have to walk for a bit long. The walk will be on the fairly level and through some beautiful forest and meadows.
- Walk through forest and rhododendrons, which bloom during spring. We reach Chopta after walking for 7-8 hours depending on the trail.
- Camp at Chopta to end the day.
Day-4: Chopta to Tungnath Temple (3400m) to Chandrashila Peak (3925 m) & return to Chopta (2347 m) | 8 km | 7-8 hours
- From the picturesque environs of Chopta, take the path through the arch leading up to the temple.
- Tungnath is a 3 km trek from Chopta. The temple is only visible in the last few hundred metres.
- Head up past the temple to the peak. Enjoy the beautiful 360-degree views, before heading down Chopta again and finally to Duggalbitta.
- In winters, when it snows, the small town of Chopta will be entirely covered with a blanket of snow.
- Reach Chopta by late afternoon and rest for the day.
Day-5: Chopta to Dehradun | 203 km - 7 hours drive.
- After breakfast, check out from the guest house and we will drive to Dehradun.
- Dehradun is about 203 km and we reach by late evening and the tour ends.
- Transportation to & from Dehardun.
- Accommodation in camps
- Experience mountain guide & cook
- Camping arrangement (Tents, Sleeping bag, Camping mattresses, Kitchen tent & First Aid)
- Meals: Dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on day 5
- Porter/Mule for Carrying camping equipment & ration
- Forest permit charges
- Porter mule charges for your personal bag
- Anything not mentioned in the "Inclusions"
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Between summer months of April to October and November, the lowest temperature during the trek can be 10 Degree C at night. In winter months of December to March, the temperature at night drops below zero.
Chandrashila trek is an easy trek and can be easily done by children aged 5+ years. Chopta Chandrashilla Trek involves just 4-5 hours walking on an easy trail which can be done by any physically active kid.
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.