12 Hours Vizag Offbeat Sightseeing Full Day Tour
Take a 12-hour tour of Vishakapatnam & visit the famous Buddhist complex which was found during the excavations. These Buddhist remnant becomes one of the important attractions to visit nearby in Vishakapatnam.
- Enjoy the private tour of Vizag in a chauffeur driven vehicle
- Visit the prominent Buddhist sites of Bavikonda, Thotlakonda
- Take a visit to Kailasagiri, which is at the hilltop of Vishakapatnam.
Visakhapatnam or Vizag, the much-famed port city in Andhra Pradesh State of India, bags the honor of being the largest city of Andhra Pradesh State as well as the third largest city along the East Coast. Visakhapatnam is the only natural harbor on the east coast.
The history of Visakhapatnam dates back to 5th century BC. During 5th century BC, the city was under the control of Kalinga Dynasty. Later it was captured by King Asoka, the Great. During his rule, Buddhism was spread across the region and tourists can see many relics, ruins and statues of Buddhism in Vizag.
The below-mentioned itinerary is indicative and may change in real time based on the breaks you take and time you wish to spend at each location.
- The driver will pick the guests from the hotel specified at 8:00 am.
- Drive to Bavikonda which is almost an hour drive from Vishakapatnam.
- We will Bavikonda, which means the hill of wells & visit the large Buddhist complex which was found during the excavation
- Later, we proceed to Thotlakonda which is 15 minutes drive from Bavikonda. We will visit Thotlakonda which is also a Buddhist complex, which is situated on a hill near Bheemunipatnam.
- We will proceed towards Pavurallakonda, which consists of a ruined hill-top Buddhist monastic complex probably witnessed human habitation from 3rd Century BCE to 2nd century CE
- We can stop in a local restaurant for lunch on the way & we will proceed towards Kailasagiri.
- Kailasagiri is a hilltop park in Vishakapatnam, this gives a panoramic view of the city & also witness huge idols of Shiva & Parvathi.
- In the end, we will drive back to Vishakapatnam & drop the guests back to the starting point.
If time permits you can also visit a few other places in and around Vizag like;
- Rishikonda beach
- Tenneti Park
- VUDA park
- Submarine Museum
- Naval Museum
- All Sightseeing in Private AC Car
- Sedan car (Etios or similar)
- Driver & Fuel cost
- There is a time and distance limit of 12 Hrs /120 KMs on this tour.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3150 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.