Har Ki Dun Trek 2017
Often recommended to beginners, Har Ki Dun Trek traces the lush green valley of Har Ki Doon, at the base of the Fateh Parvat at an altitude of 3556 m in the Garhwal Himalayas.
If you want a trek that is adventurous, yet, moderate in terms of difficulty, combined with scenic views and wildlife, Har Ki Dunis the perfect trek for you. The trek starts from Sankri at 1950 m. It will walk you through pretty meadows lined with orchids, terraced fields and glaciers and the best of all - the panaromic mountain peaks forming the most beautiful background for all your pictures. You will find all the peace and quiet that you need as urban living hasn’t yet penetrated the lifestyle of the people here. The dense alpine forests are a habitat to many flora and fauna and this trek will be a paradise for nature lovers and bird watchers.
Har Ki Dun Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (2000m) | 8 hours
The trip will commence with a ride from Dehradun to Sankri, via Mussourrie, will be mesmerizing and enjoyable, with a lunch stop. The 8 hour drive will take us to the cute little village of Sankri, at an altitude of 1,950 m. Relax for the day and overnight stay.
Day 2: Sankri– Taluka - Osla (2860m) 40 min drive | 5-6 hours trek
After breakfast, a short drive to Taluka village will take us to the beginning of our 15 km trek through the forest trails of Gangaad. At first, the trek descends, takes a left turn to let us walk alongside the river Rupin and then loves upwards through an enticing forest of Chestnt, Walnut and Willow trees. Our destination, Osla village is at an altitude of 2650 m and houses an old temple of Duryodhan from Mahabharata. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: Osla – Har ki dun (3566m) | 5-7 hour trek
After breakfast, we will head out on the 12 km trek through the thick forests of Govind National Park. The Har Ki Dunvalley route will be a refreshing balance between steep climbs and leisure level walks. The route, often used by villagers to lead their cattle into grazing pastures, will embark us on an interesting journey through forests which will give us ample opportunities to spot birds and unique flowers. A 45-minute walk, passing by small streams and a temple, the first meadows will welcome you with open arms and playful streams. Overnight stay in tents at Har Ki Doon, altitude of 3566 m.
Day 4: Har ki dun – Jaundhar Glacier (4300m) – Har ki dun | 7-8 hour trek
The fourth day is the most exciting part of the Har Ki Dun trek as after breakfast, we will continue on a trek to Juandhar glaciers, at an altitude of 4300 m dotted with white snow and grass patches. A complete contrast to the grass you had been trekking on till now, Juandhar glaciers will add morains, scree, glaciers and the stunning Swargarohini peaks to your trip and your photo album! This part of the trek will require efforts as it is a long walk with uneven scree and moraine terrain but it is totally worth it. Return to Har Ki Dun the same day and overnight stay in tents.
Day 5: Har ki dun - Osla | 4-5 hours
This day will mark our return journey to Osla village with scenic landscapes keeping us company. The downhill trek is fun and easy, covers 11 km and takes about 3-4 hours. Overnight stay in rest houses or tents.
Day 6: Osla – Sankri | 4-5 hours
From Osla village, an early morning trek will take us to Seema and then to Taluka. This trek back to Taluka will give us abundant opportunities to take a refreshing bath in tantalizing cool water of the many streams we cross or pass by. Overnight stay in hotel at Sankri.
Day 7: Sankri – Dehradun | 7-8 hours
We will depart for Dehradun, post breakfast and can choose to do a brief stopover at Mussoorie, one of India’s most visited and scenic hillstations. After the drive from Mussoorie to Dehradun, we will continue to our respective cities.
- All Transport (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Camping - accommodation during the trek
- All meals - vegetarian
- All trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- All support staff (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Trek Certificate
- Food during road jorney (Dehradun to Basecamp)
- Porter for personal backpack
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Please arrive at Dehradun by 7 am.
- We meticulously tag along safety management procedures and guidelines.
- Our leaders are well trained at the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering school on safety management and first aid. We have a very well skilled team of Outdoors Instructors lead by mountaineer equivalence excellence and unvarying enhancement of skills and each guide is hand-picked for attitude & love for the mountains as much as for absolute trekking excellence.
- We do trekking in small groups (not more than 12), so can manage batter services along with a team of guides and porters with mule. The porters along with one guide travel in front of the pack to ensure that the trail is clear and to set up the camp site in advance.
- 30 days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 21-30 days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 14-21 days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Dehradun Railway Station, Dehradun
₹ 9990 Per Person