Trek from Rajgad to Torna
The name describes the place itself. The king of all the forts.
It is to the south-west 40 Kms from Pune. It boasts the highest number of days stayed by Chhatrapati Shivaji on any fort. He spent almost 25/30 yrs here. Rajgad is famous for its construction.
The fort can be divided into four different parts based on geographical terrain and fortification. These are the three sub-plateaux (Machee) namely Padmavati Machee, Suvela Machee and Sanjevani Machee, and at the centre is the Ballekilla.
The fort is also known as prachandagad (huge fort), due to its massive size. In 1646, when Shivaji was 16, he launched his first military attack by capturing Torna fort, paving the way for the great empire. Many battles have been fought on this fort.
The fort is truly grand and stretches for couple of kilometers.
- Date :31st Dec 16 to 1st Jan 17
- Type: Hill Fort
- Rajgad Fort: 4182 feet
- Torna Fort: 4200 feet
- Base Village: Gunjavne – Velhe
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Endurance Level: Medium
Day 0: Friday, 30th Dec 16
- Meeting point for Mumbai People: 30th Dec, Friday Night
- Pritam Hotel , Dadar East @ 10:30 pm
- Pickup Point : Chembur Diamond Garden @ 10:45 pm
- Pickup Point : Vashi Below Main Bridge @ 11:00pm
- Our journey starts with the private vehicle from Dadar till Gunjavne, the base village of Rajgad.
- People coming from Pune can join us from Chandani Chowk at 2.00 am.
Day 2: Sunday, 1st Jan 17
- Sleep in open till 6 am.(everyone needs to carry his bedding)
- Explore the fort
- Lunch by 12 noon.
- Start Descend and Reach Base by 2pm
- Lunch @ Base Village
- Start our journey back by bus/vehicle
- Return back to Mumbai by 10 pm tentatively.
Day 1: Saturday, 31st Dec 16
- Post Breakfast Start our trek by 6 am, reach the top till 10 am.
- Explore the fort till 4 in the eve. (Lunch enroute – self carried)
- Start Descending towards Torna
- Dinner in the village in between.
- Start the night trek by 9 pm.
- Night trek till Torna Fort.(till 2.00 am)
- Travel expenditure from Dadar to Dadar by Pvt Vehicle
- 2 meals and 2 refreshments
- Tea, Breakfast, etc.
- TMI Expertise and Guide Charges.