Rainforest Exploration Tour to Agumbe
Agumbe is one of the most scenic places on the Western Ghats of the Southern India. Added to the lush green view all around, the attractions for the visitors is the spectacular sunset and vast opportunities it offers to the trekkers.
If you are looking for a peaceful break for a few days from the hectic city life, away from the crowded and commercialized attractions, then this is the place for you.
- Spotting Draco (the Western Ghats flying lizard), flying squirrel, slender loris.
- Grade: Easy
Day 0: Friday
- Reach Udupi by morning 11:00 am. Check the recommended mode of travel in Travel Help section.
- Fresh n up and have breakfast.
- Reach Agumbe camp site by a private transport. Later we will start with introduction session. After that we will search for Draco (the Western Ghats flying lizard) Then stream walk, swimming is an option! Post High Tea we will trek to explore the rainforest. At night we will be going for a walk to find amphibians and nocturnal mammals (flying squirrel, slender loris and more). Overnight stay at base camp.
Day 1: Saturday
The day begins with a trek under a thick canopy, exploring forest for insects, reptiles, amphibians and birds. There will be a small session on First Aid for snake bites, an essential for wildlife lovers and trekkers. Stream walk to find amphibians and snakes. Night walk to find nocturnal reptiles. Rest at basecamp.
Day 2: Sunday
The day begins with a small trail in the forest. Later Introduction to Snakes of Agumbe and Ecology of King Cobras. Nature trail. Discussion on the habitat type of Agumbe and other wildlife it houses. We will leave back for Udupi post lunch.
Reach Udupi by 03:00 pm
Tour concludes with Happy and Great memories.
- Transportation from Udupi to Udupi
- Veg/ Non-veg South Indian food during stay at Agumbe basecamp.
- Accomodation in Tents on sharing basis, blankets and mats will be provided.
- Clean common bathrooms and toilets.
- TMI Expertise Charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.