Rainforest Exploration Tour to Agumbe
Agumbe is one of the most scenic places on the Western Ghats of the Southern India. Added to the lush green view all around, the attractions for the visitors is the spectacular sunset and vast opportunities it offers to the trekkers.
If you are looking for a peaceful break for a few days from the hectic city life, away from the crowded and commercialized attractions, then this is the place for you.
- Spotting Draco (the Western Ghats flying lizard), flying squirrel, slender loris.
- Grade: Easy
Day 0: Friday
- Reach Udupi by morning 11:00 am. Check the recommended mode of travel in Travel Help section.
- Fresh n up and have breakfast.
- Reach Agumbe camp site by a private transport. Later we will start with introduction session. After that we will search for Draco (the Western Ghats flying lizard) Then stream walk, swimming is an option! Post High Tea we will trek to explore the rainforest. At night we will be going for a walk to find amphibians and nocturnal mammals (flying squirrel, slender loris and more). Overnight stay at base camp.
Day 1: Saturday
The day begins with a trek under a thick canopy, exploring forest for insects, reptiles, amphibians and birds. There will be a small session on First Aid for snake bites, an essential for wildlife lovers and trekkers. Stream walk to find amphibians and snakes. Night walk to find nocturnal reptiles. Rest at basecamp.
Day 2: Sunday
The day begins with a small trail in the forest. Later Introduction to Snakes of Agumbe and Ecology of King Cobras. Nature trail. Discussion on the habitat type of Agumbe and other wildlife it houses. We will leave back for Udupi post lunch.
Reach Udupi by 03:00 pm
Tour concludes with Happy and Great memories.
- Transportation from Udupi to Udupi
- Veg/ Non-veg South Indian food during stay at Agumbe basecamp.
- Accomodation in Tents on sharing basis, blankets and mats will be provided.
- Clean common bathrooms and toilets.
- TMI Expertise Charges
- Travel from your city to Udupi.
- Surface transfers during King cobra rescue calls.
- Mineral Water or Beverages.
- Anything other than mentioned above
- Identity Proof (must)
- Refillable water bottle
- Hat / Cap
- Full sleeve T-shirts and full length trousers
- Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
- Floaters to were inside the campsite
- 3 pair of full length Cotton Socks
- Full Body Towel
- Torch with spare batteries
- Personal care and Toiletries
- Medicines as specified by doctor
- Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger
- Power bank as there may be electricity shortage
- Some ready to eat food.
- No vibrant colored clothes as we will be in a jungle.
- No shorts are allowed.
- Double pack your bags, as the climate may be misty
- Bonfire and loud music is prohibited in view of avoiding any disturbance to animals.
- Handling, agitating, or disturbing any wildlife will warrant strict action
- Collection of any kind of flora or fauna is not permitted
- Exercise caution, control and care during observation and photography in the forest to avoid stressing species or exposing them to danger
- Respect the culture and sentiments of locals.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: