Night Trek to Peth Kothaligad
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. It looks like a filed surface. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is awater cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave.A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle.
Four–Five potholes and some cannon balls are scattered in the fort. Kalwawantinicha Mahal, Nagfani, Siddhagad, Malanggad, Chanderi, Prabalgad, Manikgad, and Matheran all these surrounding historical places are visible from top of the fort Peth.
- Height: 3100ft.
- Grade: Easy
- Meeting Point: 23:19 @ Karjat Railway Station on Saturday night.
- You cannot miss the train. Missing this train means missing the trek
- Travel till Base Village by Local Transport
- Reach Base Village by 12:30 am
- Night Trek till Peth Wadi
- Trek up to the cave / Top.
- Rest till dusk. View sunrise & Explore the Fort and Start Descend.
- Breakfast at Peth Wadi
- Reach Base Village Ambavali 10:30 am
- Start our Return Journey
- Reach Karjat Station by 11:30 am
- Identity Proof. (must)
- Water (3 Ltres)
- Torch (Compulsory)
- Sleeping Bag / Some bedding
- Some ready to eat food items.
- Camera, Cap, Glares
- Personal Care and Medicine those if you require usually.
- Good trekking shoes (must)
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. ( No sling bags/ jholas please)
- Avoid wearing gold ornaments.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Karjat Railway Station