1 Nights/2 Days
10 to 20 people
English, Hindi and Marathi
Bhimashankar & Nagfani Trek via Shidi Ghat
Bhimashankar is one of the 12 Jyotirlings of India, a pilgrimage place approximately 3500 feet high up in the hills. The area around Bhimashankar is covered with thick dense jungle. The Maharashtra Government has also declared it a Wildlife Sanctuary.The sanctuary is small (only about 100 sq. km’s), but it is home to a wide variety of animals Leopard, Sambar, Barking deer, Porcupines, Grey Junglefowls, Wild pig, Hanuman langur, Rhesus macaque and Flying Squirrel etc. The sanctuary is famous as the home of a highly endangered subspecies of the Indian Giant Squirrel – Shekharu (Ratufa indica elphistoni), which is also the state animal of Maharashtra.
The temple of Bhimashankar is around 1200 – 1400 years old and is built on the Hemad Panthi style. There are very beautiful sculptures and paintings on the roof and pillars of the temple. At the front of the temple hangs a huge metal bell cast in 1729. There is also a 15-20 feet high “Deepmala” or lamppost in the outer corridor of the temple. There is also an inscription on stone on this lamppost. It is to be noted that the original name of the river Chandrabhaga at Pandharpur is Bhima. This Bhima River originates at Bhimashankar.
Gupt Bhimashankar :
There is a water stream route going down from the left of the Ram temple. Taking that route, we enter a thick jungle. We reach a temple around 25 minutes through this route. A route going toward the waterfall, left of this temple, leads to the “water sculpted” “Shiva Linga” under this waterfall. This is called the Gupt Bhimashankar. There is a huge waterfall at this place.
- Height: 3500ft.
- Medium grade, 5 hour trek
Early morning depart to Neral by Karjat Slow Train (05:18 am ). Meet leader and proceed towards Khandas by local transport. We have breakfast at Khandas. Post breakfast start ascending towards Bhimashankar by Ladder route. En–route we have lunch. On arrival visit Bhimashankar temple. In the evening we visit Gupt Bhimashankar. Overnight stay in dormitory at Bhimashankar.
Early morning visit Nagfani pinnacle. Post breakfast proceed towards Khandas by Ganesh Ghat. We have lunch at Khandas. Post lunch proceed towards Karjat / Neral by local transport.
- Transportation from Neral to Khandas and back by local transport
- Accommodation at Bhimashankar on sharing basis (Dormitory / Homely Stay)
- Meals: (Saturday- Breakfast / Dinner) & Sunday (Breakfast / Lunch)
- Saturday Lunch
- Anything other then mentioned in Inclusions
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
- If Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Activity 100% of total price will be refunded.
- If Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant.