Offbeat Camping Near Manali
2 Nights/3 Days
Offbeat Camping Near Manali
Best Season: All Year - Average Hiking Daily: 3-4 hours
- Golden Meadow Hike
- Angling, Trout,
- BBQ n Bonfire
- Cooking in the wild
- River Rafting etc.
A Himalayan Village Retreat
It is a jungle village retreat located in the village, near Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Known as one of the oldest and ancient village of the Kullu valley. The Haripur nallah (water stream locally called as Nallah) passes through this charming village and is renowned for its trout fish. The strategic location allows the guests and trekkers to unwind in a peaceful setting of a village heritage home and experience the life of the natives up close and personal. The setting is excellent for the guests to acclimatize as there are some amazing short hikes and treks and many activities to choose from. The guests can unwind in the thick jungles of deodar and oak and indulge in angling and hiking around or just relax and catch up on some reading. A perfect active family camping point and kids would love it!
Day 1: Village Camping with Barbeque and Bonfire
You can reach Manali either by your own vehicle or a Volvo bus. In case you are travelling by bus, a member from the team will receive you at the Patlikuhl bus stand and drive you to the basecamp. Reporting time 10:30 am.
After some refreshment, we will proceed to explore the jungle and the meadow around our village retreat. It's a 1 hour hike to the village after a short drive form the basecamp. Just a walk around the village is very refreshing. Go for a hike and explore the “Golden Meadow” trail. If you do not want to strain yourself then we can instead do some fishing nearby. Village is famous for it's trout fishing.
Unwind around the bon fire and enjoy some amazing meal which you can also be a part of while preparing. You will be camping tonight in premium tents.
Day 2: Jungle hiking with Barbeque and Bonfire
After a healthy and yummy breakfast, we will begin our day with walking around and sighting some rare birds and wild life in this area. This region is known for “Thar” or “mountain goat” and is more readily spotted in the winter time. It is during winters that the wild animals also start descending towards warmer temperatures and the probability of encountering those increases. It is absolutely imperative that we do not do anything to disturb them or this delicate biosphere.
The trail leads through thick jungles of deodar and pine. The trail, even though short, has a mix terrain and is easy to navigate. We will come across some vast open meadows and clear streams. There is nothing but wilderness and peace here.
There will be some great spots for photography with great wide Himalayan (Dhauladhar & The Great Himalayan) ranges in view and an awesome view of the sun set. You can go for a walk around this place and get some rare shots in the beautiful light. Participate in cooking the local dishes to enrich your jungle experience. There are some dishes that our cooks prepare in the “desi” and “jungle” way and is great fun to watch and learn. The taste of food changes when cooked on the slow wooden fire and can make all the difference to the camping experience.
Have a great dinner to mark the closing of a fun-filled escape into the wild.
Day 3: Departure day.
Wake up to yet another glorious sunrise and after breakfast, prepare to depart. We will start hiking down to the basecamp. Refresh at the basecamp and pack up for departure after lunch.
Add-On Available (during booking process)
- Paragliding is done in the Gadsa Valley for Rs. 3000/- per person, and is a 8-10 minute flight
- Angling - Trout fishing for Rs. 1200.- per person
- River rafting is chargeable at Rs. 650/- per person, it is a 7 km course
- Accommodation for 2 nights
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in a very cozyTraditional Himachli House & in 2-4 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian & non-vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Cook and helpers.
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
Advisory about activity:
- We’ll be happy to receive you at the bus stop/ airport in Manali.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Adventure Gear List:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure: no refund.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
Mountaineerz might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces. If any costs increase due to this change, the client would be requested to pay the additional amount in Manali.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
3 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
₹ 3250 Per Person