Karla and Bhaja Caves Sightseeing Tour From Mumbai
Searching for a one day tour with friends near Mumbai? Take a tour of the ancient caves which date back to 2nd century BC and explore one of the finest forms of rock-cut architecture. A famous place to visit for architecture lovers. Avail 250 kilometres of usage of a private car.
Connect with us Live by clicking on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
• Visit one of the finest examples of rock-cut architecture.
• Have the offbeat experiences near Mumbai.
• Your whole tour will be accompanied by an experienced chauffeur.
• You will have Hassle-free travel that lets you enjoy every bit of your tour.
• It is one of the best picnic spots near Mumbai and one of the best family getways.
• No need to worry about your return. You will be dropped out at your hotel/residence in Mumbai limits.
A mere two-hour drive from Mumbai lies a group of 22 rock cut caves known as the Karla and Bhaja caves. These caves date back to the 2nd century B.C. and the oldest Chaitya Buddhist caves that are still in existence. Buddhism was on a rise in that era and thus it was common for the monks to built caves in hilltops and live there. These Buddhist monks dedicated their lives to meditation and teachings of Buddha. Therefore there are prominent features like the prayer hall and the Stupa and other relief structure seen which give the traveler an insight into their life. The carvings on these walls show the use of wood for the first time in the Indian civilization and this is what makes the caves an important archeological artifact. These unique caves are located at a close proximity to the main village area, amidst the scenic waterfalls and lush greens. The Karla caves hold a magnificent Buddhist statue seated on a throne supported by a lion and surrounded by three elephants and the sides. This marvelous sculpture will leave the tourist in awe of the craftsmanship and creativity of the architects of the age.
- Your tour will begin with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- Post which you will undertake your journey towards Karla Caves, which is a 2.5 - 3-hour drive from Mumbai.
- Upon arrival, you will be exploring the majestic Karla Caves and Bhaja Caves.
- Upon the completion of your tour, you will be heading back to Mumbai.
- And you will be dropped off at your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
- All transportation using private air-conditioned sedan or SUV.
- Pickup and drop-off in Mumbai residence/ Mumbai hotel.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- 300 km of usage (more than enough).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4935 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.