Ladakh Motor Bike Tour 2018 ex. Leh
5 Nights/6 Days
5 to 15 people
Earlybird Price - Valid until 31st March
This six-day bike ride takes you across many picturesque places in Leh Ladakh. The ride offers a chance to explore multiple sights of historical significance: Pangong Lake, the Magnetic Hill and Sham Valley, amongst others; making it a perfect blend of adventure and exploration.
- A Leh bike tour if you have limited number of days
- Travel through many mountain passes, including Khardung La
- Stay at deluxe camps at Nubra Valley and Pangong lake.
- Experienced road captain and a backup vehicle throughout the ride
- Comfortable travel and scenic views.
Route: Leh - Sham Valley - Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley - Pangong Tso Lake - Leh
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Costs: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Ultra Comfortable Accommodation: All accommodations during the ride in comfortable hotels and deluxe camps. All with attached washroom.
- Bike Rent and Fuel: For rented bike options, bike rent, as well as fuel, is included in the price.
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
In this tour, we will be riding through Ladakh- one of the most beautiful and remote places in the world. We begin our journey from the city of Leh to Sham Valley on day-2. During the trip, we will also come across the Nubra Valley, which is an aesthetically pleasing and picturesque tri-armed valley; offering a good background for some pictures. One of our stops will be the serene Pangong Lake, alongside which we can spend a night camping. After Pangong Lake, we will head back to Leh and that where out ride gets over.
To facilitate the travel without any inconveniences, an experienced road captain and a fully equipped support crew will also be provided.
- Day 1: Arrive in Leh
- Day 2: Leh – Sham Valley (95 km| 6-7 hrs)
- Day 3: Leh – Khardung La Pass – Nubra Valley (159 km | 5-6 hrs)
- Day 4: Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake (274 km | 8-10 hrs)
- Day 5: Pangong Lake – Leh (222km | 5-6 hrs)
- Day 6: Departure from Leh
Day 1: Arrive in Leh
Reach Leh and check-in to Leh Hotel - acclimatization & orientation process - Ladakh ride briefing. You can take rest today or go for local walks, exploring Leh.
Day 2: Leh – Sham Valley (95 km| 6-7 hrs)
Ladakh ride begins today - allotment of bikes. We ride around Sham valley. Cover Magnetic Hill, War Memorial – Hall of Fame, Patharsahib Gurudwara.
Day 3: Leh – Khardung La Pass – Nubra Valley (159 km | 5-6 hrs)
Ride to Nubra Valley, the famous cold desert - ride to Khardung La Top, Diskit, Hunder – Cold Desert famous for double hump camel rides. Overnight stay at camps in Nubra.
Day 4: Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake (274 km | 8-10 hrs)
Off-roading experience to Pangong Lake - Nubra to Pangong via Shyok River or Wari La Pass. On arrival, enjoy the overnight camping experience near the enchanting blue lake.
Day 5: Pangong Lake – Leh (222 km | 5-6 hrs)
Head back to Leh - stop by the famous school from the Bollywood movie '3 Iditots'. Reach Leh before lunch – visit Shanti Stupa. Depending on the riders and time, we may cover Magnetic Hill, War Memorial, Patharsahib Gurudwara. Enjoy the daytime in Leh.
Day 6: Departure from Leh
After breakfast, we check-out from Leh Hotel. Trip Ends.
1. Upgrade to RE 500cc bike (Add-on at Rs. 1500/- per bike)
2. Upgrade to RE Himalayan bike (Add-on at Rs. 4500/- per bike)
3. Rafting on Zanskar - With lunch & dinner on day-6 and stay (Rs. 4500/- per person)
Places Covered in this bike tour:
Leh Ladakh – Khardung La – Nubra Valley – Magnetic Hill – Patharsahib Gurudwara – Hall of Fame – Shanti stupa – Wari La Pass – Changla La – Pangong Tso Lake
- Accommodation in deluxe hotels and camps with attached washrooms
- Stay for couples on twin sharing basis/groups on triple sharing basis
- 350cc Royal Enfield classic bike (RE 500 cc or RE Himalayan can be arranged - choose add-on while booking)
- Note: in-case due to bad weather condition, pass closure, the bike ride is not possible, the trip will happen in a car at no extra cost.
- Petrol for entire trip for rented bike
- 5 breakfasts & 5 dinners
- Expert & and professional road captain throughout the bike ride
- Helmet for rider as well as pillion
- Reflective jacket & rider's badge
- Inner line permits (ILP) & wildlife fees for restricted areas in Ladakh
- Backup vehicle (Innova/tempo traveller or similar). will carry your luggage.
- Royal Enfield motorbike mechanic for the entire tour carrying basic spares parts.
- Hot water facility at deluxe hotels/hot water buckets will be available in camps on request
- Basic first aid kit, medicines, oxygen cylinders
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, mineral water, alcoholic beverages, entrance tickets and camera fee at monuments/ museums, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- Lunch during the trip
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any item, activity or facility other than clearly mentioned within the inclusions & itinerary above.
- International/domestic airfare, visa fees, airport tax
- Insurance cover of any kind
- Any spare parts of any kind or bike maintenance etc.
- Any entry fees, any tips, porter pony charges or any other expenses incurred by the porter/ participants during the sightseeing trips, other than as clearly mentioned within the sightseeing in inclusions and itinerary.
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/ change of the itinerary due to natural calamities, roadblocks, and vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond our control
- Rs. 10,000/- refundable amount to be paid as security deposit per bike at time of bike allocation
- 45 days or more before the date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 45 days before the date of departure: Full balance or 100% of total cost.
- Jispa: Jispa Journey Camps/The Yak Hotel Jispa/Hotel IBEX/Similar
- Sarchu: Gold Drop Camps/Antrek Camps/Dorjey Camps/Similar
- Leh: The Silk Route Ladakh/Hotel Zion/The Himalaya Leh/Three Roses Leh/The Galwan Palace/Similar
- Nubra: Chunka Camps/Nature Nest Camps/Similar
- Pangong: The Nature Camps/The Ladakh Camps/Similar
- Kullu/Manali: Kullu Riverside Camps/Meridian Camps/Hotel Golden Meadows/Hotel IBEX/The Yak Hotel Manali/Kalinga/Similar
- Lamayuru/Kargil: The Moonland/D’Jozila/Homestay/Similar
- Driving License is mandatory for the rider.
- At the start of the tour, guest are required to deposit refundable security/damage deposit of Rs 10,000/- per bike (by case of cheque)
- In case the road is closed to Khardung La or Nubra to Pangong and not safe for bikes then transfers to Leh-Khardung La-Nubra-Pangong Leh circuit will be done on Traveler/SUV at no extra cost
- If there are any additional expenses due to bad weather or any other reason beyond the control of the tour operator on account of hotel stay, transportation, and meals etc. extra bill will be raised. Neither Trodly nor the participating suppliers/hotels will be responsible for the additional expenses.
- The operator or Trodly is not responsible for any change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like the change in flight and train schedule, cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc
- Damage to bike/helmet during the tour would have to be paid by the guest
- The itinerary may need a change during the time of tour as per current situation like a strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- If any group member wants to leave group in-between the tour then he/she has to pay the cost for transportation of bike from point of leaving the tour till Manali/Srinagar drop ie Rs.10,000/-
- For any damage to the vehicle, guest will have to bear the repair/replacement cost
- All guests will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- No refund after that
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
On an average we would travel about 6-7 hrs each day or less. On few stretches like Sarchu-Manali we would travel for about 10 hours. On an average, we will be riding 150 km per day.
10 travellers found this helpful
Yes fuel cost is included as per itinerary in all rented bike options. If you are bringing your own bike then fuel cost is not included in own bike package.
6 travellers found this helpful
At all places of stay there will be attached bathroom with running water. Either running hot water or hot water on request would be available at all places except Sarchu.
6 travellers found this helpful
You may select the tour depending upon your date of travel, number of days and mode of travel (more importantly). If you are looking for a group departure for a bike trip then make sure that you are spending time at the locations mentioned in the itinerary (some of the important places to stay is Hunder/Diskit in Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake). Make sure the group really has a backup vehicle with a mechanic and should carry your luggage, extra fuel and bike in case of break down. Most importantly make sure that you are getting assured departure, many a time people waste days and money because trip organisers don\'t start the trip because of their faulty operations.
7 travellers found this helpful
Foreigners would have to pay INR 500 extra towards the Inner Line Permit to visit Pangong, Nubra, Tso Moriri or other restricted areas. Fee includes Environment & Wildlife fee. For Indian Nationals permits fee and other fees are included in the price.
5 travellers found this helpful
It is not advisable to do this ride with a kid below 8 years. If travelling with kids then you can choose the SUV option. People travel to Leh with their kids from all parts of the world. Every individual immunity is different, taking rest to get acclimatize is the best option when coming by flight in the high altitude. Things to keep in mind when travelling with kids is to keep when hydrated and not try to force feed if baby\'s appetite is low. That said, Leh city has medical facilities in case some medical assistance is needed.
7 travellers found this helpful
₹ 19980 Per Person