Matheran Day Tour from Mumbai
Planning for a one day trip near Mumbai? On this Matheran Day Tour from Mumbai, forget all the headaches and explore the enchanting hill station and it's lush environs. Charming Matheran is a popular weekend getaway destination from Mumbai.
• Have a comfortable tour of the serene hill station of Matheran from Mumbai on a cozy vehicle.
• Avail 300 kilometres of usage of a private car. A great choice for road trip lovers.
• Get enchanted by Matheran which is considered as an eco-sensitive zone.
• Good company makes every journey memorable. Travel with a well-experienced chauffeur in the comfort of a private air-conditioned vehicle.
• Have a hassle-free trip. We will serve you till the end. You will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
• Presenting the best route plan to travel from Mumbai to Matheran.
Matheran Day Tour Overview
Discover the lovely hill-station of Matheran in this one-day road trip from Mumbai. Located about 80 km from Mumbai, Matheran is a unique and beautiful getaway for nature lovers and others alike which has been declared an Eco-sensitive zone by the Indian Ministry of Environment and Forest. The tranquillity and old-world charm of this place attract tourists all around the year.
One unique aspect of Matheran is that it is probably the only town in India that has put a ban on vehicles beyond a point - Dasturi Park. From here one needs to walk on the road along the railway tracks or hire a horse or hand-pulled rickshaw that takes you to Matheran. Thanks to proper conservation of nature, at Matheran nestled in the Western Ghats - You feel like you're in the lap of nature.
Few popular tourist attractions in Matheran are Panorama Point, Echo Point, Sunset Point, Chattrapati Shivaji's Fort, Louisa Point, Monkey Point and The Mall Road. Things to do here include horse riding, riding on a hand-pulled rickshaw, nature walks and even biking.
There are few nice restaurants in Matheran one should try serving local as well as other popular cuisines including pure vegetarian ones.
Matheran Day Trip from Mumbai Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits at your specified time slot.
- Post which you will proceed on our journey towards Matheran, which is about 3-hour drive from Mumbai and the route taken is Mumbai-Pune Highway via Karjat.
- Reach Dasturi near Matheran and the commercial vehicles are not allowed to go beyond this point. You can cover the final stretch by walk, but the walk from Dasturi is slightly long but a nice one (usually it might take up to 2 hours)
- Take a horse ride or you can also choose to rent a bicycle or a local cab or you can also take the toy train from here. The toy train from does not operate during the monsoon season (from June 15 to October 15).
- Upon your arrival at Matheran, you will be visiting the following places:
- Alexander Point
- Louisa Point - famous attraction in Matheran for its waterfall
- One Tree Hill
- Lord Point
- Charlotte Lake
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
Note: Toy train timings are not certain but if you want to take it then stop at Neral Station from where you can board the Toy Train going to Matheran. Toy train takes about 2 hours to reach Matheran.
The toy train from does not operate during the monsoon season (from June 15 to October 15).
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 300 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
- Complimentary water botlles and newspapers.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3800 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.