Matheran Day Tour from Mumbai
On this Matheran Day Tour from Mumbai explore the enchanting hill station and its lush environs. Charming Matheran is a popular weekend getaway destination from Mumbai.
Matheran Day Tour Highlights
- Take a tour of the serene hill station of Matheran from Mumbai on a comfortable vehicle.
- Get enchanted by Matheran which is considered as an eco-sensitive zone.
- Travel with a well-experienced chauffeur in the comfort of a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Best way to travel from Mumbai to Matheran
Matheran Day Tour Overview
Discover the lovely hill-station of Matheran in this one day road trip from Mumbai. Located about 80 km from Mumbai, Matheran is a unique and beautiful getaway for nature lovers and others alike which has been declared an Eco-sensitive zone by the Indian Ministry of Environment and Forest. The tranquility and old-world charm of this place attracts tourists all round the year.
One unique aspect of Matheran is that it is probably the only town in India that has put a ban on vehicles beyond a point - Dasturi Park. From here one needs to walk on the road along the railway tracks or hire a horse or hand-pulled rickshaw that takes you to Matheran. Thanks to proper conservation of nature, at Matheran nestled in the Western Ghats - You feel like you're in the lap of nature.
Few popular tourist attractions in Matheran are Panorama Point, Echo Point, Sunset Point, Chattrapati Shivaji's Fort, Louisa Point, Monkey Point and The Mall Road. Things to do here include horse riding, riding on hand-pulled rickshaw, nature walks and even biking.
There are few nice restaurants here one should try serving local as well as other popular cuisines including pure vegetarian ones.
Matheran Day Trip from Mumbai Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits at your specified time slot.
- Post which you will proceed on our journey towards Matheran, which is about 3 hour drive from Mumbai and the route taken is Mumbai-Pune Highway via Karjat.
- On reaching Dasturi near Matheran, final stretch you can cover walking or take a horse ride. You can also choose to rent a bicycle. Vehicles are not allowed beyond Dasturi Car Park at Neral. You can also take the toy train from here. Walk from Dasturi is slightly long but a nice one.
- Upon your arrival at Dasturi Park, you will be visiting the following places:
- Alexander Point
- Louisa Point - famous attraction in Matheran for its waterfall
- One Tree Hill
- Lord Point
- Charlotte Lake
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your hotel/residence in Mumbai city limits.
Note: Toy train timings are not certain but if you want to take it then stop at Neral Station from where you can board the Toy Train going to Matheran. Toy train takes about 2 hours to reach Matheran.
The toy train from does not operate during the monsoon season (from June 15 to October 15).
- All transportation using Private Air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off from Mumbai residence or hotel
- Driver and fuel charges
- 300 km of usage (more than enough)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3800 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.