Ratanpur is situated about 25 km from Bilaspur and is on the katghora road. The temple is famous for its beautiful architecture and is religiously celebrated among the pilgrims. The city had been found by King Ratan Singh and has been named after him. The city served as the capital of the kalchuri dynasty in 1000 AD. The Archaeological Survey of India has completed the restoration of the Ratanpur Fort and the findings have been put on the National Archaeological Map.