Hampta Pass Trek 2018
3 Nights/4 Days
2 to 12 people
Hampta pass trek is initiation to the HImalayan trekking. The trail to Hampta Pass combines 2 different side of the Himachal for you. Kullu and Lahaul are two adjoining districts and are separated by the formidable Rohtang La. Rohtang La is snow bound from October to June. Both the valleys are geographically quite different. The Kullu/Manali valleys are green with thick forest cover and heavy rains. However, Lahaul is in a rain-shadow area with partial Trans-Himalayan barrenness.
Day-1: Manali - Prini - Jobri - Chikka (3530 m - 40 min drive - 3-4 hr trek)
Reporting time: 9:30 am at Barrier, Project Road, Prini, 3 kms from Manali
Day-2: Chikka to Bhalu Ka Ghera (3530 m - 5-6 hrs trek)
Day-3: Bhalu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass (4270 m) to Bhalu Ka Ghera (7-8 hrs)
Day-4: Bhalu Ka Ghera to Jobri - drive to manali (6-7 hrs trek, 1 hr drive)
- Services of experienced lead guide and qualified assistant guides and trek coordinator.
- Stay in tents
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian) from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 4
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- All meals during travel and at dhabas.
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and decrease/increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Porter/pony for your personal gear
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Failing to report at the reporting time till 2 hours will be considered as a "No-show" case.
- Participants are expected to have a reasonably good fitness level.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days - 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure - No refund
Please Note: Failure to show up at reporting point (till 3 hours of the reporting time) - Would be considered as a NO SHOW case and Operator has right to cancel the trip with No Refund.
- Any additional expenses which might occur due to delays, weather disruptions, medical evacuation etc. would need to be borne by the participants as per actual. All overstay due to delay beyond our control would be charged on pro-rata based as per tour cost for planned days.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or like, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Operator reserves the right to change the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances such as due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- In case the road from Chatru to Chandertaal is not open we will camp at Chatru.
- No refund will be payable to any client who voluntarily leaves a trip in the middle.
- In case any participant falls sick or is injured during the program, the medical, travel, porter and any other expenses has to be borne by the concerned individual. However, primary medical facilities will be made available wherever possible.
- Once the tour starts and is cancelled due to any reason beyond our control, the Company reserves the right for the payment of refunds to the client and will be on Company's discretion.
- Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
- In case the strength falls below the stipulated group strength or the Client can travel as individual travelers, then a different rate i.e. not group rate would be applicable. If the company cancels the trip due to group size, 100% refund would be given.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
2 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
2 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Prini (2 Kms from Manali)
₹ 4500 Per Person