The Kkoot Experience: Winter Adventure in Manali
Come to the mountains of Manali and experience the spirit of adventure in a texture you thought could never exist. Hike amongst the high mountains clad in snow and explore the tiny and charming village of Soil. Said to be the oldest village of the kullu valley, set besides a glacial stream renowned for it's trout. Spend the night in an orchard by the stream at the edge of forest and you will really love and appreciate the cup of coffee you have the next morning. Chill in the quiet and peace of the jungles of Pir Panjaal range.
You stay in a picture perfect Himalayan village cottage by a stream at the edge of thick forest with Himalayan flora and fauna in abundance with all basic modern amneties and really get in sync with nature. Get your adrenaline fix while paragliding in the kullu valley and heart pounding white water rafting in the mighty River Beas. There is something for everyone in this lovely holiday experience apart from the best memories that all will take away.
Day-1: Arrive in Manali - golden meadoe hike
The guests will arrive in Manali and reach 'dA Base - Mountaineerz' in Haripur. After refreshments, get on the golden meadow trail. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the vibrant nature and start your hike to the Kkoot. After a short pleasant and invigorating hike, we will reach Old Manali and have lunch.
Chill overnight in the wilderness and enjoy some unadulterated peace and quiet, even if it is for a night. It is a Himalayan Jungle retreat set in the jungles of an ancient village. Pitch the luxury tents in the meadow here and enjoy a surreal camping experience. Enjoy freshly cooked vegetarian meal and collect firewood. Indulge in some angling and chill around a bonfire and BBQ before retiring for the night. We will stay in luxury hiking tents for a great camping experience. if it snows then we will stay in a picture perfect beautiful solitary village cottage in an orchard at the edge of forest.
Day-2: Checkout from Kkoott (Jungle camping site)
Wake up to the charming morning life of a village set in a thick jungle if you are camping at Kkoott. After early breakfast, we will start our hike back to civilasation. The trip ends here.
Time to soar the winds and fly high, go for an absolutely safe high flying eperience with our professional pilots. Paragliding and White Water rafting at special discount.
Or you can go on an exploration of Manali town. we'll be happy to provide a guide. Later board the bus from the Manali bus stand/Patlikuhl bus stand.
- Meals and refreshments (1 Dinner, 1 breakfast and 1 lunch) - freshly cooked vegetarian meals
- Services of experienced lead guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Transportation during the trip (as per actual)
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- All meals during travel, in restaurants/dhabas.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Transport charges to rafting/paragliding point at actual.
- Personal porterage @INR. 500 per day per 10 kg bag, in case trekkers need porter/pony
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya necessarily would not always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes and for this trek in particular we strongly suggest keeping one extra day handy.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing. Avoid Denims.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you are the one to seek solitude at the pace of a sunrise, the Kkoot is the place for you. Nestled deep in the jungles of Pir Panjal and at the far end of the ancient village of Soil, by the banks of the feisty Haripur glacial stream, it is a heritage wood, stone and mud Himachali village home - the Kkoott. The wooden and mud home offers a cozy and comfortable village experience with the basic comfort of amenities. The village of Soil enjoys a rich heritage and history and is an experience in itself. The Kkoot faces the majestic Dhauladhar range and offers a complete Himalayan experience with its lush green forests and lost and hidden trails which meander through the thick jungles of pine and deodar. It is an amazing spot for birding and angling. You will find some rarest varieties of Himalayan birds and some fresh trout in the Haripur stream. Indulge in angling here as this is a renowned angling site. BBQ the catch of the day or just enjoy the sport. The Kkoott is also home to our canine army and the place is abuzz with energy and positivity. You can either stay in the village home or choose to pitch a tent in the apple orchard for a camping experience. If you wish, you can cook your meals in the old Himachali style kitchen, else the service will be provided to you. Catch up on some reading while chilling in a hammock or get lost in some hidden trails and find the mysterious waterfall hidden deep in the forest. The Kkoott is not just a place to stay but an experience and a feeling that can only be felt.
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
7 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
₹ 1950 Per Person