1 Nights/2 Days
1 to 10 people
Lamadugh trek is one of the shortest treks enchanting you with the beauty of the forest. The best time to visit is from March to October. The highlight of the trek is the mesmerizing views of Manali along with Kullu Valley.
The maximum altitude is 9900 ft. and the duration of the trip is 1 day.
Going through the forests and emerging through the meadows is like flying in the sky. Graded as a easy trip that begins from Hidimba Temple also provides with a variety of flowers while going through the trek. During the trek, peaks like Indrasan, Deo Tibba and Bara Shigri glacier are also spotted. While heading back to Home you can take part in different activities and see the beauty of Manali. It is a pleasant and an adventurous trek.
Day 1: Reporting at Manu Temple, Old Manali at 10:00 AM. Trek to Lamadugh
We start the trek from Manu Temple, Old Manali, going past the famous Hadimba temple. The trail climbs steeply to thick forests of Deodar and Pine. There is no water point after departing from Manali until we reach Lama Dugh - five hours away. The climb offers a magnificent glimpse of Manali, situated on the left bank of River Beas and the whole upper Kullu valley, which appears swathed in the different colors of the season. As one gains height, the distinct views of different faces of Indrasan, Deo Tibba and the peaks of Bara Shigri glacier open up. Multiple vantage points offer panoramic views of Manali and the area above it. In the last leg, the path turns to the right and one traverses the ridge horizontally and enters Lamadugh,an alpine plateau with a small hut and studded with the thick growth of alpine flowers.
We spend some time relaxing and exploring the area around and start making our way down to Manali after eating Lunch. Much faster on the way down, we reach back to Manali by 6:00 PM in the evening, where our trek ends.
[Meals: Pack Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Old Manali]
Day 2: Check out after the Breakfast from Old Manali. Trip Ends.
You have an option to explore Solang Valley, Vashisth Hot Springs, Jogini Falls – One of the highest waterfalls in Himachal, Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Kasol, Manikaran and Much more. You may get indulge yourself in paragliding, white water rafting, trout fishing, river crossing, rock climbing, rappelling, bike ride or other adventures. Our team at the base camp may advise and assist you for the places to explore on this day. Most of the Volvo starts for onward journey from Manali after 04:00 PM so you can plan to explore accordingly.
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from you city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
What to Carry:
- Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Quantity -1
- Hand Torch with spare batteries. Quantity -1
- U V protection sunglasses. Quantity -1
- 1 Litre water bottle. Quantity -1
- Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Quantity -1
- Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Quantity -1
- Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Quantity - 2
- Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
- Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
- Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Quantity-1
- Undergarments. Quantity - 1 for every day of trekking
- Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Quantity-1
- Full sleeves sweater. Quantity -1
- Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Quantity-1
- Pair of Warm Gloves. Quantity-1
- Woolen cap. Quantity-1
- Sun shielding Hat. Quantity -1
- Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
- Sun screen lotion small pack . Quantity -1
- Lip Balm small pack. Quantity-1
- Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Quantity-1
- Plate. Quantity- 1
- Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Quantity-1
- Power banks
- Camera with extra batteries (Optional)
- Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
- Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.