Lamadugh trek is one of the shortest treks enchanting you with the beauty of the forest. The best time to visit is from March to October. The highlight of the trek is the mesmerizing views of Manali along with Kullu Valley.
- A perfect weekend getaway kind of a trek.
- Views of the Deo Tibba and Bara Shigri Glacier.
- A trek which can be graded as an easy one, suitable for first-time trekkers.
- Daily Departures: Every available date on the calendar is bookable.
The maximum altitude is 9900 ft. and the duration of the trip is 1 day.
Going through the forests and emerging through the meadows is like flying in the sky. Graded as an easy trip that begins from Hidimba Temple also provides with a variety of flowers while going through the trek. During the trek, peaks like Indrasan, Deo Tibba and Bara Shigri glacier are also spotted. While heading back to Home you can take part in different activities and see the beauty of Manali. It is a pleasant and adventurous trek.
Day 1: Reporting at Manu Temple, Old Manali at 10:00 AM. Trek to Lamadugh
- You will begin the trek from Manu Temple, Old Manali, going past the famous Hadimba temple. The trail climbs steeply to thick forests of Deodar and Pine.
- There is no water point after departing from Manali until you reach Lama Dugh - five hours away.
- The climb offers a magnificent glimpse of Manali, situated on the left bank of River Beas and the whole upper Kullu valley, which appears swathed in the different colours of the season.
- As one gains height, the distinct views of different faces of Indrasan, Deo Tibba and the peaks of Bara Shigri glacier open up.
- Multiple vantage points offer panoramic views of Manali and the area above it. In the last leg, the path turns to the right and one traverses the ridge horizontally and enters Lamadugh, an alpine plateau with a small hut and studded with the thick growth of alpine flowers.
- You will spend some time relaxing and exploring the area around and start making your way down to Manali after having your lunch.
- Much faster on the way down, you will reach back to Manali by 6:00 pm in the evening, where your trek ends.
- You will stay overnight at Old Manali town.
Day 2: Check out after the Breakfast from Old Manali. Trip Ends.
- On the second day, you have an option to explore Solang Valley, Vashisth Hot Springs, Jogini Falls – one of the highest waterfalls in Himachal, Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Mall Road, Kasol, Manikaran and much more.
- You may indulge yourself in paragliding, white water rafting, trout fishing, river crossing, rock climbing, rappelling, bike ride or other adventures.
- The hosts at the base camp may advise and assist you for the places to explore on this day.
- Most of the Volvo starts for onward journey from Manali after 4:00 pm so you can plan to explore accordingly.
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Overnight stay in a Homestay
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the reporting address
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Manali is well connected with Delhi and Chandigarh. Best way to reach Kullu or Manali is via overnight bus from Delhi/Chandigarh. You can take semi-sleeper Volvo AC buses or normal sleeper buses. The bus journey take 11-13 hours to reach Kullu and a further 1 hour to reach Manali. Tickets should be booked online. We suggest you choose government run buses such as HPTDC and HRTC as they are seldom late and run as per schedule.
2 travellers found this helpful
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
3 travellers found this helpful
You would need to withdraw any money you need before the start of the trek. ATM facilities are available throughout Kullu and Manali. But you will not find any ATM beyond these places.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1190 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.