Borasu Pass Trek 2019
Borasu Pass at a height of 5450 meters (17880 feet) above sea level is a high mountain pass connecting the Indian states of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and is located at the border of the two states. This trek goes through the famous Har-ki-Dun valley and we witness the beautiful glacial lakes of Morinda taal and Zhukia Glacier. The trail for this trek passes through glacier, narrow ridges, vertical show slopes , meadows and boulders. Overall a very adventurous experience not to mention the unforgettable views of the mountains.
Region: Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand
Grade: Moderate to Tough
Maximum group Size: 10
Maximum Altitude: 5450 meters
- Bandarpunch (6316m)
- Swargarohini (6252 m )
- Hata Peak
- Borasu pass ( 5450m )
- Morinda taal ( 3650m)
- Zukia Glacier
- Supin River
- Zukia river
- Chitkul village
- Osla village
- Govind Pashu Vihar National Park Bandarpunch ( 6316m )
Day 1 : Chandigarh - Narkanda
Day 2 : Narkanda - Chitkul
Day 3: Chitkul - Bonga Camp
Day 4: Bonga Camp - Pass Base Camp
Day 5: Base Camp - Shona Bheda
Day 6: Shona Bheda - Morinda Taal
Day 7: Morinda Taal - Har ki dun
Day 8: Har ki dun - Osla
Day 9 : Osla - Sankri
Day 10 : Sankri - Dehradun / Chandigarh
Day 1: Chandigarh to Narkanda ( altitude 2700 meters )
- Start the day from Chandigarh and drive via Shimla and Kufri to Narkanda . Narkanda is a small town in Himachal Pradesh known for Hatu top and adventure sports like skiing. Enjoy the evening there and have dinner and stay in cosy hotels.
Day 2: Narkanda to Chitkul ( altitude 3400 meters )
- Drive to Chitkul via Rampur Bushahr and Jeori to Chitkul. Chitkul is the last village in Himachal Pradesh on the border of Tibet in the beautiful valley of Baspa. Visit to Chitkul mata mandir and fort. Dinner and overnight stay in camps by the river.
Day 3: Chitkul to Bonga Camp ( altitude 4000 meters )
- Today we start from Chitkul for Rani kanda. The gradient is gentle and the walk on Road built by BRO is very pleasant.Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Bonga to Pass base camp ( altitude 4800 meters )
- Wake up early and have breakfast and start trekking early towards Pass Base Camp. Walk through Zukia Glacier. Glacier slope is quite steep and climb is strenuous. Camping over the Zukia Glacier.
Day 5: Base Camp - Shona Bheda ( altitude 4300 meters )
- Have breakfast and start trekking early towards Borasu Pass. The final part of the trek is difficult. We cross the pass and reach over to the other side of the pass to Shonabira camp. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 6: Shona Bhera - Morinda Taal ( 3650 meters )
- Start the day with breakfast and trek at a moderate pace to reach Morinda tal which is a very beautiful lake. We pitch our tents by the lake and stay for the night there.
Day 7: Morinda Taal - Har ki dun ( altitude 3400 meters )
- Today we descend from Morinda Tal to Har-ki-Dun. Walk is moderate to easy and the views of the snow covered peaks makes it worth the effort. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 8: Har ki dun - Osla- Seema ( altitude 2600 meters )
- Have breakfast and begin the moderate trek to Osla. The view along the trail is breadth taking. We can see a number of famous and unnamed peaks. Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 9: Osla - Sankri ( altitude 2400 meters )
- Today we trek from Osla to Taluka and then drive to Sankri. On the way we cross the Gangad Village through dense forest. All this along the Tons river and the Supin river. Dinner and overnight stay in camps.
Day 10 : Sankri - Dehradun / Chandigarh
- Drive from Sankri to Dehradun which can take around 7 hours and conclude the trip.
- All arrangements for overnight stays during the trip
- All meals
- Food will usually consist of morning breakfast, lunch, evening high tea, and dinner
- All food will be vegetarian.
- Special trained certified guides trained for emergency situations
- Local guides and workers with in-depth knowledge about the local area
- It will be a cultural and traditional experience as all stays will be mostly in villages
- One luggage per person will be transported by us
- Inner line permits and arrangements en route will be arranged by the operator
- All stays and lodging on twin sharing basis shall be provided
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 30000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.