Heritage Hampi Tour – History, Monuments & Architecture
On this engaging Hampi tour we will explore the rich history of Vijayanagara empire, learn about unique architecture of various monuments, hear stories of victories and defeat. This is a tour for all history lovers. If you are looking for a well researched private tour of Hampi that covers all the important monuments then this one is highly recommended.
Hampi today is a protected UNESCO world heritage site, whose core zone is spread over an area of 42 square kilometers encompassing ancient temples, basements of palaces, remains of aquatic structures, ancient market streets, royal pavilions, bastions, royal platforms, treasury buildings and more. Within the core zone of the site there are several clusters of monuments, the most important amongst them are the Sacred Center, Royal Center, Islamic quarters, Kamlapura and Anegundi. On this Hampi Tour we will attempt to cover all the important monuments in the Sacred and Royal center areas. In the morning we will first cover the Sacred Center. Sacred Center as the name suggests is the religion center of Hampi, a number of ancient temples and structures are in this area. After lunch break we continue our exploration with the Royal Center area. This area was the Citadel of the Vijayanagara kings, it encompasses courtly and military structures of the core zone.
A guided walking tour through the history of Hampi with a group of likeminded people
Our Guide will explain the history and peculiarities of each and every structure while you stand in awe finding it hard to take your eyes of them. End the day with a fun coracle ride across the Thungabhadra River
- Well researched tours conducted by experts
- Private Tour focussed only on you and your group
- Learn all about the Vijayanagara empire and it's eventual fate
- Learn the stories behind some of these UNESCO-listed monuments
- Enjoy Coracle Ride
List of Hampi monuments covered:
- Monolithic Ganesha, Virupaksha Temple Complex, Hemakuta Group of Monuments
- Achyutaraya Temple Complex, Monolithic Nandi, Kodanda Rama
- Pushkarini, Purandara Mantapa, Vittala Temple Complex, Kings Balance
- Elephant Stable, Zenana Enclosure, Queens Bath
- Hazara Rama Temple, Step Well Tank, Mahanavami Dibba, Aquaduct network
Start Point: Monolithic Ganesha, Hampi
End Point: Queens Bath, Hampi
- Expert guidance
- Local Transportation in Auto Rickshaw
- Coracle boat ride
- Drinking water & Coconut water as refreshements
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments