Indrahar Pass Trek - Dharamkot to Chamba
A crossover trek at an altitude of 4342 m in the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas. If you're looking for an offbeat trek, this one should be on your list.
- A 5-day crossover trek, starting at Dharamshala and finishing in Chamba
- Explore Triund
- High altitude pass crossing at 4342 m
- Chance to witness the life of Gaddi people
- Views of the magnificent Pir Pinjal range and high peak of Mani Mahesh (5650 m)
Why Book This?
- Offbeat trek: A beautiful trekking route taken by only a few.
- Low batch requirement: Guaranteed departure for even 2-member group
- Small convenient batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Tented accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek.
- Service of experience guide: There will 1 trek guide and 1 assistant guide for a batch of 12 trekkers.
- Nutritious meals during the trek: All the participants will be served freshly cooked and nutritious vegetarian meals throughout the trek. Eggs, porridge, fruits, a sweet dish will be part of the meal.
A mountain pass in the Dhauladhar ranges of the Himalayas at an altitude of 4,342 meters the Indrahar Pass is located near the tourist town of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Indrahar Pass is an essential part of the popular trekking route from Dharamshala. Laying across the Dhauladhar ranges the Indrahar Pass brings the endless fascinating ranges of high, rocky ridges; and relative proximity to the plains of the Himalayas. The ridges over the Dhaula Dhar do not lend themselves to easy trekking. This trek over the Indrahar pass is no exception, even though it follows one of the most established trails used by the Gaddi shepherds en-route to their summer grazing pastures in the upper Ravi Valley and Lahaul. All across the Indrahar Pass ranges the routes will include a continuous climb over the boulders. A trek to Indrahar Pass will bring the spectacular views of the Indian plains and a sacred peak of Mani Mahesh Kailash and the snowcapped Pir Panjal Range to the south of the pass. Beyond this pass, a haphazard trail leads through the Hindu villages and temples to the upper Ravi valley.
Day 1: Mcleodganj - Triund
Reach our campsite in Dharamkot. The track goes through a mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees. First 2 km is a steep ascent but there is a gradual ascent after Galu Devi temple. The last 1 km is again a steep ascent through the forest. Triund is a flat meadow on top of a ridge. From here panoramic view of Dhauladhar range on one side and Kangra valley on the other is a memorable sight. Lunch will be served on the way. Night stay in tents.In the evening, a Campfire will be organized and snacks along with soup/tea/coffee will be served, followed by dinner.
Day 2: Triund - Laka Got
Next day early morning tea/coffee will be served in the tents. Breakfast will be served and after that, we will start our Trek. This is an acclimatisation day. After a short ascent from Triund traverse a ridge to reach Laka Got – a temporary shephard camp. Laka Got is situated at the snout of a small glacier, which is full of snow and ice in early summer and the snow melts away during the monsoon. Night stay in camp at Laka Got. Later dinner will be served.
Day 3: Laka Got- Indrahar Pass (4350 MTS/14,350 FT) - Chatru Parao (15 KM)
This is a very important day and everyone has to get up early morning and need to have a very early morning Breakfast. Start early in the morning, the weather gets bad in the afternoon. From Laka Got it is a steep ascent for 2 km over a rocky ridge and we will reach Lahes Caves. At the higher elevations, there is a steep 300 - 400 m ascent towards the crest of the Dhauladhar, before a 1 km traverse just below the ridge to the Indrahar Pass. From the pass, one can view Pir Panjal Range in the north and Mani Mahesh Kailash (5656 M) peak in the east. Descend from the pass to Chatru Parao. Dinner & overnight in tents.
Day 4: Chatru Parao - Kuarsi
Start the trek with packed lunch, the trail follows the left of the valley for the first few kms. Later the Trek crosses the valley on a permanent snow bridge and ascends steeply to an open meadow. Continue down the true right of the valley and after crossing a series of meadows finally descends to Kuarsi. Dinner & overnight in tents/homestay.
Day 5: Kuarsi - Hilling - Chamba Departure
Post breakfast, continue Trek downhill with packed lunch. Today's Trek continues into the valley and from the top mountain views of the whole region can be seen. Descend along the Barley fields to hit the road head to Hilling. From Hilling drive towards Chamba.
- Services of a knowledgeable guide.
- Transportation from Hilling to Chamba
- Tented accommodation during the trek - double/triple sharing basis
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress)
- All meals (from packed lunch on day 1 to packed lunch till day 5)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Reporting location for the trek is the Base camp situated on Dharamkot road in Mcleod Ganj. Volvo buses will drop you at Mcleodganj bus stand OR Dharamshala Bypass (in peak season traffic). Once you get down there at the bus stop, local buses OR taxis are available frequently which can be used to reach the basecamp (exact address is shared in the booking voucher after the booking is made).
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.