The Golden Himalayan Mahseer Sport Fishing Expedition In Jammu & Kashmir
For all those sport fishing enthusiasts out there, this is a chance for you to throw the bait at the ‘Golden Himalayan Mahseer’ in Chenab River, which was kept out of the civilian reach for the last 71 years.
The ‘Golden Himalayan Mahseer’ is a protected fish species and the lake in Reaisi is one of the few places in India where you can find them. This is a rare opportunity for sport fishing these beauties. For the last 71 years, the region was closed for any tourist activity until now. The restriction is recently lifted for the sport fishing but with stern rules and regulations for the tourist and operators alike.
You will be guided by Mr Alam, who has also guided the legends like Jeremy Wade and Richard Wagner. Mr Alam is an expert in Himalayan river fishing. The host will procure all the required permissions for the activity. A documenting team will be with you in case you make some records in sport fishing as well have for documenting the tour.
- A professional activity with expert guide
- A five-day sport fishing expedition in the Chenab River in Reais.
- A chance to get a hook on the rare ‘Golden Himalayan Mahseer’
- Fish in a region which was left untouched for the last 71 years.
- Service of a world-renowned fishing guide
- All sort of sport fishing equipment provided
- Enjoy the delicious Kashmiri cuisine
Day 1: Our assistant will receive you from the Jammu Airport or the Railway station. From there, you can spend some time in Jammu for last minute shopping. After that, we will leave for Jammu at 12: 00 pm and reach Reaisi by 2:00 pm. When we reach Reaisi, you will be served with Lunch.
In the evening, from 3:00 to 6:00 pm we will go on a fishing session and return to camp after 6:00 pm.
Day 2, 3 & 4: Wake up by 5:30 am, after morning tea we will go for the second fishing session. First group leaves by 6:00 am to the river (early group) (one group will have maximum 4 people including guide) and the second group leaves by 8:00 am to the lake (late group). You will be served with the packed breakfast at the riverside. Packed lunch will be served like the same at around 2:00 to 3:00 pm. At around 6:00 pm we will return to the lodge. There, you will be having a bonfire and dinner.
Day 5: This is the last day of our sport fishing expedition. After the buffet breakfast, we will leave for Jammu by 11:00 am
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- All meals
- Pick up and drop from airport or railway station
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- All necessary fishing equipment
- All permits & levies
- Campfire (subject to weather conditions)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments