Agra Taj Mahal Tour by Train
A ride through the suburbs of Delhi and Agra on a train, gaze at the marvellous beauty of the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort, explore the vibrant handicraft market and enjoy a scrumptious lunch with local cuisine.
- Visit the Taj Mahal, one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
- Marvel at the impressive Agra Fort, dating from the 16th century
- Explore the Local market
- Enjoy the round trip by Express Train New Delhi - Agra Cantt - New Delhi in a fully air-conditioned train
Why Choose This?
- Hassle free booking: Along with the best option for the tours and activities, Trodly offers you a hassle free online booking.
- Private experience: Private ride and guide throughout the tour
- Skip the queue: Your guide and host in Agra will arrange the tickets for you
Explore the beauty of Taj Mahal and its home Agra in a day by travelling from Delhi on Gatimaan express. This is an ample opportunity for anyone who loves travelling by train. This one and a half hour journey on a train through the suburbs of Uttar Pradesh and Delhi will also give you an insight into the rural life in India. After reaching Agra, we will take you on a tour to Taj Mahal and other major attractions in Agra. Our experienced English speaking guide will help you know about the deep history and culture of this place.
6:30 am: Pick up from the hotel and drop to Railway Station.
At 6:30 am our representative our guide will drive you from the hotel in Delhi to the Nizamuddin Railway Station. From there, we will board the train for Agra. The tickets will be provided for you by email or through our representative. The train usually departs at 8:00 am. Make sure you carry any of Identity card will boarding the train.
9:50 am: Arrival at Agra and explore Taj Mahal
Our guide will be waiting for you at Agra(Agra Cantt Railway station). From there, we will drive you to Taj Mahal where our guide will give you a guided tour of the Taj Mahal. Approximate duration of the tour will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
Note: Taj Mahal remains closed on Friday.
12:30 pm: Explore Agra Fort
After the guided tour of Taj Mahal, our next destination will be Agra Fort. A one hour tour through the fort is more than enough for you to know about the glorious rule of the Mughal empire.
2:00 pm: Lunch at the Restaurant
At the end of the tour, you can enjoy a delicious lunch in a multi-cuisine restaurant located in the heart of the Agra city.
3:00 pm: Shopping the local handicraft market.
Agra is well known for its gorgeous handicrafts, made of marble and other soft stones. Agra’s major handicraft products besides inlay work are brassware, leatherware, jewellery carpets and embroidery work. You can take a walk through the market and enjoy the subtle beauty of all the works and take home a couple of souvenirs if you want.
5:00 pm: Drive to Agra Cantt
Head towards Agra Cantt Station for boarding the train back to Delhi and enjoy the peaceful ride all the way back to Delhi.
5:50 pm: Train leaves the Agra Cantt Station.
The train will depart from Agra Station at 05:50 PM. Sit back and relax on the way back.
7:30 pm: Reach Delhi
Train reach back to Nizamuddin Railway Station, Delhi Train will reach Delhi and a representative will come to pick you up from the station and drop you back to your hotel or airport for your onward journey.
- Train tickets (Gatimaan Express Train)
- Monuments Fee (Taj Mahal & Agra Fort)
- Buffet lunch at a multi-cuisine restaurant
- Tickets for Delhi to Agra and Agra To Delhi
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water for each guest
- Service of an experienced and knowledgeable guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop in Delhi
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, our visit to Taj Mahal and around will be a guided tour conducted by our experienced and knowledgeable
2 travellers found this helpful
₹ 7500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.