A Culinary Trail In Goa
Bite through the Muskachi Bhaaji (drumstick flower curry) crack some Keli Kappas( banana chips), a journey through the vegetarian culinary tradition of the Saraswathy community.
- For the tour we meet at Mapusa bus stand in the morning at 08:00 am.
- Enjoy a walk through the alleys of the Mapusa market. Seller from nearby villages get their fresh produce and set up shops here.
- Farm to fork is our idea and for this, we source fresh local produce from Mapusa market.
- Enjoy the drive to Calvim, the island village just 25 mins from the market.
- You’ll be welcome by your host in refreshing Kokum drink in the beautiful 100-year old Bella Vista villa.
- Followed by an introduction with the chefs we’ll be cooking with today.
- Take part in cooking the traditional Goan cuisine before enjoying the scrumptious food.
- Menu for today- Methi paes, Nirphanas (bread fruit) kaapaa, mendali (moirache) kelikaapa, muskachi (drumstick flower) bhaaji, alucheros, udda methi ambadechi, khatkate, bimblachelonche, manganem, sooji, naachnikaapa, ukdabhaath (local rice) and sol kadi.
- After the meals, feel free to laze around before getting dropped to Mapusa market.
Treat your taste buds with some delicious, vegan Goan cuisine. After you finish shopping in the Mapusa market we will drive you to the Bella Vista Villa located in the charming Island village. There, we will welcome you with a refreshing Kokum drink. After meeting the Chefs, you will be served with a Goan breakfast. Later on, we will visit the local bakery which is just walking distance from our villa. And once we have the bread for baking, we will return to the villa for cooking our Goan meal for the feast.
About The Host
This culinary tour is hosted by Aradhna Walkade, who is a chef for the past decade, catering to the toughest clientele any chef could imagine – children. She has her own catering business which manages school kitchens. Her team of chefs come from varied backgrounds. A homemaker, a former banker, a farmer and fresh graduates. During the class, you will get to work along with a diverse team and learn the ancient recipes of the Saraswati Goan cuisine.
- Pick up and drop at Mapusa bus stand
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
- Cooking with the chefs
- Pick up and drop to any other part of Goa
- Any other meals other than specified
- Anything not specified in inclusions
- The trail is open for booking on all days
- The time of the trail is from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Children below 06 years will not be charged
- Children above 06 years will be charged as per above rate
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
₹ 2235 Per Person