Laka Glacier Trek with Triund
This offbeat trek to the Laka Glacier offers some of the most amazing views of Dhauladhar mountain range and Kangra valley.
- Free facility to freshen-up/change at Mcleodganj basecamp
- Free facility to keep luggage at Mcleodganj basecamp
- Experience trekking to a Glacier
- Visit the famous Lahesh cave
- See amazing views of Dhauladhar's mountain range and Kangra valley
Why Choose This?
- Camping at Laka Glacier: Overnight camping at Laka Got
- No hidden charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member
- Changing Facility: A free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
About 8 km from Bhagsu nag and in all the trek is 13 km from Mcleodganj. Right from winters to mid-June, there is snow and ice at the glacier. March to June is the best time for this trek. Post-June, glacier begins to decrease and by July/August, not much snow will be left.
This trekking option is best for one who wishes to experience amazing views. Camping at Laka Got offers some of the most amazing views of Dhauladhar mountain range and Kangra valley. Laka glacier is can be done by beginners as well.
On day-3, you will be back at Mcleodganj basecamp by 3 pm. If you're back earlier then you might have enough time to explore Dharamshala before you board your bus to return.
Laka Glacier Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Triund Top (2875 m) | 9 km - 4/5 hrs
Reach our Base Camp in Mcleodganj by 10:00 am. Basecamp in Mcleodganj is about 15 mins walk from Bus Stand. Freshen-up here and also leave your extra luggage. We start our trek towards Triund Top by 11:00 am. Trek to Triund goes via Dhramkot & Naddi. We have packed lunch on the way. There are many shops and cafe on way as well. Overnight camping and dinner at Triund.
Day 2: Triund - Laka Got - Laka Glacier (3500 m) | 4 km - 4 hrs
After breakfast, the journey starts from Triund to Laga Got. The trail goes through glacial moraine to Laga Got which is an open meadow, a temporary shepherd encampment. Snow can be found here till late May, some till early June also. This is quite a remote area and a welcome change from Triund. You can fully experience the serenity of untouched nature at Laka Got.
Day 3: Laka Got - Triund - Mcleodganj | 12 km - 6/7 hrs
After an early breakfast, we start our trek from Laka Got to Mcleodganj. After crossing Triund we continue towards Base Camp in Mcleodganj via Bhagsu Falls and reach Mcleodganj by late afternoon/evening (around 3 pm).
- Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast at Camp in Triund. Veg meals will be served at the camp
- Lunch is packed box of sandwiches. Dinner has Chapati, Dal, Rice, Veg Curry, Salad
- Breakfast: Bread Omelette or Maggi or Aloo Paratha with Tea
- Camp accommodation at Triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps on Twin sharing basis - subject to availability)
- 1 Night Camping at Triund
- 1 Night Camping at Laka Glacier
- Expert Guides & Porter to carry the tents
- Lockers, Wash and Change Facility at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
- Porter for personal bags
- Bottled Water
- Anything not specified in inclusions above
- Expense on any personal nature
Things to Carry:
- T-shirts, Trekking Pants, Windproof jacket preferably with a hood, Warm and thick Fleece,
- Full-sleeve Woolen sweater, regular socks (3-4 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional),
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended),
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers, Raincoat / Poncho,
- Small light weight towel, Water bottle, Sunscreen Lotion,
- Cap to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses,
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries),
- Medicines (if requiring any specific medication), Personal toiletries,
- Books, if you like reading,
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it,
- Camera with charged batteries.
- Please avoid carrying expensive watches, jewelry and electronic items on the trek.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Although Triund is an easy trek, conditions at Triund Top can be unpredictable sometimes. Bad weather if encountered may not be best for small child. Camping at night with 5 year old or younger child on Triund Top is not advisable. Day hike can be done.
2 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Base Camp, near TIPA (Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts), Dharmkot Road. McLeodganj
₹ 3380 Per Person