Laka Glacier Trek with Triund
This offbeat trek to the Laka Glacier offers some of the most amazing views of Dhauladhar mountain range and Kangra valley.
- Free facility to freshen-up/change at Mcleodganj basecamp
- Free facility to keep luggage at Mcleodganj basecamp
- Experience trekking to a Glacier
- Visit the famous Lahesh cave
- See amazing views of Dhauladhar's mountain range and Kangra valley
Why Choose This?
- Camping at Laka Glacier: Overnight camping at Laka Got
- No hidden charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Daily availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member
- Changing Facility: A free facility for changing and keeping your extra luggage at the reporting location
About 8 km from Bhagsu nag and in all the trek is 13 km from Mcleodganj. Right from winters to mid-June, there is snow and ice at the glacier. March to June is the best time for this trek. Post-June, glacier begins to decrease and by July/August, not much snow will be left.
This trekking option is best for one who wishes to experience amazing views. Camping at Laka Got offers some of the most amazing views of Dhauladhar mountain range and Kangra valley. Laka glacier is can be done by beginners as well.
On day-3, you will be back at Mcleodganj basecamp by 3 pm. If you're back earlier then you might have enough time to explore Dharamshala before you board your bus to return.
Laka Glacier Trek Itinerary:
Day 1: Mcleodganj to Triund Top (2875 m) | 9 km - 4/5 hrs
Reach our Base Camp in Mcleodganj by 10:00 am. Basecamp in Mcleodganj is about 15 mins walk from Bus Stand. Freshen-up here and also leave your extra luggage. We start our trek towards Triund Top by 11:00 am. Trek to Triund goes via Dhramkot & Naddi. We have packed lunch on the way. There are many shops and cafe on way as well. Overnight camping and dinner at Triund.
Day 2: Triund - Laka Got - Laka Glacier (3500 m) | 4 km - 4 hrs
After breakfast, the journey starts from Triund to Laga Got. The trail goes through glacial moraine to Laga Got which is an open meadow, a temporary shepherd encampment. Snow can be found here till late May, some till early June also. This is quite a remote area and a welcome change from Triund. You can fully experience the serenity of untouched nature at Laka Got.
Day 3: Laka Got - Triund - Mcleodganj | 12 km - 6/7 hrs
After an early breakfast, we start our trek from Laka Got to Mcleodganj. After crossing Triund we continue towards Base Camp in Mcleodganj via Bhagsu Falls and reach Mcleodganj by late afternoon/evening (around 3 pm).
- Lunch, Dinner & Breakfast at Camp in Triund. Veg meals will be served at the camp
- Lunch is packed box of sandwiches. Dinner has Chapati, Dal, Rice, Veg Curry, Salad
- Breakfast: Bread Omelette or Maggi or Aloo Paratha with Tea
- Camp accommodation at Triple sharing basis and individual sleeping bags (couples will be given camps on Twin sharing basis - subject to availability)
- 1 Night Camping at Triund
- 1 Night Camping at Laka Glacier
- Expert Guides & Porter to carry the tents
- Lockers, Wash and Change Facility at the Base Camp at Mcleodganj
- Toilet Tents
- Government & Forest Department Permits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Although Triund is an easy trek, conditions at Triund Top can be unpredictable sometimes. Bad weather if encountered may not be best for small child. Camping at night with 5 year old or younger child on Triund Top is not advisable. Day hike can be done.
7 travellers found this helpful
An expert qualified Trek leader is assigned to lead every trek. Along with support staff, guides, cooks and porters accompany you during the trek. Post booking all details including trip coordinator details are shared on booking voucher on email and app.
2 travellers found this helpful
No, you do not need to buy any advanced snow shoes for this trek. All you require are a good pair of trekking shoes. You can opt for water resistant trekking shoes. Do carry along sufficient number of spare socks. Woolen socks are optional though.
2 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3380 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.