Tirthan Valley Family Adventure
This tour is an ideal way to see Tirthan Valley & Great Himalayan National Park. The Great Himalayan National Park in Himachal Pradesh is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This park is an exceptionally pristine mountain landscape yet easily accessible, a rarity in the Himalayas.
The region is home to evergreen virgin forests and meadows spread with wildflowers and numerous un-climbed peaks.
- Visit the Ppristine Tirthan Valley - Himachal's best-kept secret
- Trek to the World heritage site of the Great Himalayan National Park
Day 1: Arrival at Aut - Transfer to Tirthan Valley
- Arrival at Aut Volvo Bus Stop. Pick-up by our cab and transfer to Homestay
- Relax and have traditional Kullu lunch
- Go for a waterfall walk which is about 4 km to a hidden waterfall. Kids can enjoy flying fox adventure.
- Dinner in evening by a bonfire dinner!
- Pre trek preperations for the wilderness trek into the World Heritage Site of the Great Himalayan National Park.
Day 2: Tirthan Valley (Goshaini) to the Gate at Kharongcha
- After early breakfast , proceed by vehicles to Goshaini (1500 m)
- Carry day bags and water along with water
- We start the trek into the GHNP. 9 km easy walk to Rolla (2100 m).
- Packed Lunch served with hot tea at the entrance of the national park where one would sit by the Tirthan river.
- Overnight camping in tents at Rolla. Bonfire Dinner
Day 3: Rolla - Gushaini (9 km - easy trek)
- After breakfast, we trek back.
- Rest at the homestay from where we left. Since this is a downhill walk we would spend the morning exploring around the camp and visiting villages enroute to have an insight into Himalayan folkways.
- Evening would be spent by the bonfire enjoying grilled trout fish.
An extra day can be utilized in the following manner :
Extension Tour to explore the core zone of the National Park
Kharongcha to Shilt Thach and back to Rolla
This is an 8 km strenuous trek uphill to Shilt Thatch which takes us through an amazingly thick jungle full of monals, deers and wild animals. This is a uphill day through a very thick forest full of Monal Pheasant. (A large plump pheasant with a loud, ringing call. Males are mainly iridescent blue, green on the mantle and rufous on the neck, with a white patch on the lower back and an orange tail). It is a prominent bird and was the state bird of Himachal and often seen by the tourists and trekkers.). After having packed lunch at Shilt we would come down to the rolla campsite of the GHNP !
Note : For people who dont want to trek they can rest to explore surrounding and bird watching around Rolla camp. This forest is home to the endangered king of the birds “the Western Tragopan. (In the villages close to GHNP, the local name of Western Tragopan is Jujurana (Juju means bird and rana means king) i.e. the king of the birds. There is a local legend that the Lord created this pheasant and all the birds in the universe donated a feather each to give it color and unparalleled beauty. The male is one of the world's most spectacular birds: black on the head, a deep crimson on face and mantle and orange on the breast, the black belly and dark wings are spangled with star-like white specks. The female is a dull brown. Though rare, with luck we might see them.
- Pick-up from Aut Volvo Stand & Transfer to Tirthan Valley
- All meals from Day 1 Lunch to Day 3 Lunch
- Guided Trek to Great Himalyan National Park
- Overnight Camping facilities on Day 2 - Tent, Sleeping Bag & Mattress
- Guide & Support Staff for Trek
- Bonfire in evening
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9980 Per Person