Sar Pass Trek
Trek which takes you to the Parvati Valley of Kasol and lets you soak in the fresh air of the majestic Himalayas.
- A trek which can be categorized as a moderate to a challenging one can have a lot to offer for the seasoned candidates.
- Climb up to an altitude of 13800 feet.
- Service of well-experienced mountain guides and well-maintained tents.
Sar Pass in Parvati Valley of Kullu district is popular with adventure tourists. The Sar Pass Trek is quite a challenging trek, but the views en-route and once you reach the top are phenomenal. It is also a high-altitude trek so ensure that you have completed required health checkups before embarking on the journey. The trek starts at the base camp located at Kasol, about 520 km from Delhi.
Day 1 - Registration and Orientation at Kasol Base Camp
- You will have to arrive at Kasol Base Camp on your own by the morning and complete the registration.
- An orientation session will be given by the chief organizer in the evening, it will cover the information like rucksack packing, marching/walking technique and general awareness about the trek route.
- Take an acclimatization walk around the base camp in the evening at around 5 pm and have your dinner and stay overnight at Kasol Base Camp.
Day 2 - Drive to Kasol and Trek to Grahan Village (4-5 Hours)
- On the second day wake up to the beautiful Himalayan sunrise at the Base Camp.
- Have breakfast and be driven to the centre of Kasol to start your exciting trek! Your trek starts from Kasol town centre by Grahan Nahal.
- The easy trail which is frequently used by locals will take you to through pine forests. In a couple of hours, you will be able to cover much of the distance as the trail is easy to climb.
- After reaching the Grahan Nahal, the trail becomes rocky and steep.
- The steep climb of an hour will take you to your destination for the day. You will reach Grahan Village by evening and freshen up, post which you will have your dinner and stay overnight in the camps.
Day 3 - Grahan Village to Min Thatch (4-5 Hours)
- On the third day, after a nice warm breakfast in the morning and start your trek towards the north of the camping ground at Grahan.
- You will bump into many locals on the way using the Min Thatch trail. After walking a little more, you will see the Min Thatch, Nagaru and Sar top on the mountains.
- The steeper trails will take you to the woods. Remember to stay with your group here as the trail becomes steeper and a bit confusing.
- Cross the lush green forest and reach Min Thatch. Admire the Chanderkhani stretch and many more ranges from the campsite at Min Thatch.
- You will have your dinner and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 4 - Min Thatch to Nagaru (4-6 Hours)
- Have your breakfast and trek through the pastoral forest covered with snow from Min Thatch to Nagaru.
- You will have to be careful on this trail as the steep slope and the snow will make the trek difficult here. After a difficult trek for 2 3 hours, you will finally reach the Nagaru campsite.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing vistas of the magnificent mountain across the Parvati valley. See the small glittering lights of the Manikaran town as the night sets in.
- It gets extremely chilly in the evening. It is advisable to sleep early to avoid catching a cold next!
Day 5 - Nagaru to Biskeri Thatch via Sar Pass (6-8 Hours)
- Rise and shine early morning to start your trek. Climb up through the snow trails and admire the dazzling peaks of Tosh Valley.
- The exhilarating view from the top of Sar Pass will leave you spellbound! Spend some time there and soak in the beauty of the place.
- Slide down to the valley but take the necessary precautions. The sliding downhill is almost 1 km, walk for an hour and cross some magical water streams to reach the Biskeri Thatch campsite by evening.
- You may take some rest and have dinner. Stay overnight at the Biskeri Thatch campsite.
Day 6 - Biskeri Thatch to Barshaini and Departure from Bhuntar (4-5 Hours)
- See the splendid views of lofty mountains and pine forests from Biskeri Thatch!
- Start trekking downhill through the dense forest, crossing a stream and then reach Pulga.
- The twin village Pulga and Tulga are separated by a stream. Cross the bridge on the Parvati River to reach the Barshaini Village.
- Then you will be dropped at Kasol and your amazing trek to the Sar pass concludes here.
- Homestay/ tented stay on sharing basis
- Sleeping bag and Sleeping mat
- Camping equipment and support staff
- Forest permits
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner) during the trek.
- Transportation to and from Barshaini.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7500 Per Person