Hampta Pass Trek without Chandratal Lake
Considered as one of the easier treks in Himachal Pradesh, but the Hampta Pass will definitely leave you in awe of its beautiful setting and views. Scenic landscapes include green meadows, glacial valleys and a pass crossing that will give you goosebumps.
- A trek which is ideal for the first time trekkers.
- Trans-Himalayan trek.
- Verified information: All inclusions and details are verified by Trodly team.
- Service of experienced mountain guides and well-maintained tents.
Hampta Pass is the most ideal trek for first-timers; it is not only easily accessible and easy to trek but is also simply breath-taking. You can start your trek from Manali at 14100 ft, this is convenient compared to starting from a remote village, and take around 5 days to complete this trek. You can cover such a variety of landscapes in this trek. It covers barren land, lush forests, open valleys, and lakes which makes it a visual treat, ideal for photography.
Day 1: Report at the Manali Base Camp by 10:00 AM
- The first day is reserved for a meet and greet, and orientation, after you reach the base camp the trek leader will take a small orientation session, covering information like packing, walking techniques.
- You will also be given general information about the trek and the route. You will stay overnight at the base camp.
Day 2: Drive from Manali to Jobra and Trek to Chikka | 1 Hour Drive | 3-4 Hours Trek
- On the second day, you leave the base camp by 8 am. You will be carrying lunch and breakfast with you.
- The first leg of the day’s travel would include a jeep drive from Base Camp to Hampta Dam. The way that leads to Hampta Dam is lined with Maple, Pine, Walnut and Oak trees, making it refreshing and enjoyable.
- After reaching Hampta you will prepare to trek to Chikka, which is also our final destination for the day.
- It will take approximately 2 hours to reach this place, and it is also an easy stretch, crossing two wooden bridges and a small patch of forest. You will reach the campsite at Chikka and prepare for your stay overnight.
Day 3: Hike from Chikka to Bhalu ka Ghera | 5 Hours Easy Ascent
- The third day of the trek is a gradual ascent. While Trekking, you will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front.
- The best part of today’s Trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at Juara. We will have our packed lunch at Juara
- You will set up your camp at Balu ka Ghera and conduct an overnight stay.
Day 4: Trek from Bhalu ka Ghera (11480 feet) to Hampta Pass (14000 feet) and back to Bhalu ka Ghera | 8 Hours Trek
- The fourth day will be a hectic journey. So, beginning it early you will continue walking through the tranquil valley to reach Hampta pass and will cross to the district of Spiti during the journey.
- You will start getting a very clear view of Deo Tibba while you ascend to Hampta. Though tiring but the journey will enrich your eyes with the lush diversity of the ecosystem around, and it even becomes more tempting with the gentle slopes and wilderness blossoms and lush green carpets of mother nature.
- Continuing the series of hopping and resting, handling the challenges you will descend back to Bhalu Ka Ghera and will stay there for the night.
Day 5: Trek down to Chikka followed by a drive till Manali | 3 Hours Trek | 1.5 Hours Drive
- On the fifth day, you will descend to Chika early in the morning and then be driven till Manali.
- After you reach Manali, you will be leaving to your respective destinations post fresh and change.
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping) on sharing basis as per group size
- Meals while on Trek (Veg)- Starts from Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast Day 5
- Charges of Permits
- Transport from Manali as per the Itinerary
- First aid medical kits
- Tents, Sleeping Bags
- Qualified and Experienced Guide and support staff
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5190 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.