Day Hike to Shali Tibba
Clouds dipping in the valleys, hanging cliffs, forested path, trails branching off in both directions, calls of some Himalayan birds and a few village houses sheltered by the wilderness are the main features of this trek. There is nothing here that does not fascinate you. You are going to be here with yourself.
Shali peak dominates the entire region and is clearly visible from Shimla to the north. The peak is named after a local deity as locales tell various stories. Initially people used to walk up to the peak through various trails but in 1936 Raja of Faridkot built a designated path that is still used. From the peak you feel like watching the Google Earth as all the valleys around are so deep that you feel like floating in the air.
Locals visit the temple on the top of the Shali peak almost every week that is dedicated to Maa Bhimakali and is situated on a round shaped plateau with a square platform on the top.
We drive out of Shimla for about 40 kilometre (2.5 hours drive) till the bottom of the peak from where a narrow trail whirls up around the hills and through the dense blue pine & cedar forests and Rolling Meadows.
Duration: Almost Full Day
Total Walk Distance: 12 Kms
Highlights of the Shali Tibba walk :
- Experince Hill villages,
- Walk through thick forests and see lovely landscape
- Hiking with stunning view of Himalaya.
- Guide will come to pick you up at 8.30 am from your hotel in Shimla.
- We start a 2.5 hours drive to Village Khatnol and then the hike begins the hike.
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge this Walk.
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
- Drive from Shimla to Village Khatnol (Rs. 4000 extra)
- Dress casually, wear sunglasses, and walking shoes.
- Do not forget to carry an umbrella and a raincoat during the monsoon.
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Guide will meet at your Hotel/Residence in Shimla Proper otherwise meet at Ridge Ground at 9.45am
₹ 700 Per Person