Day Hike to Shali Tibba
Hike to the highest peak in the vicinity of Shimla. explore the hilly areas, villages & culture of people with the tour guide.
- Experience Hill villages.
- Walk through thick forests and see the lovely landscape.
- Hiking with a stunning view of Himalaya.
Clouds dipping in the valleys, hanging cliffs, forested path, trails branching off in both directions, calls of some Himalayan birds and a few village houses sheltered by the wilderness are the main features of this trek. There is nothing here that does not fascinate you. You are going to be here with yourself. Shali peak dominates the entire region and is clearly visible from Shimla to the north. The peak is named after a local deity as locales tell various stories. Initially, people used to walk up to the peak through various trails but in 1936 Raja of Faridkot built a designated path that is still used. From the peak, you feel like watching the Google Earth as all the valleys around are so deep that you feel like floating in the air. Locals visit the temple on the top of the Shali peak almost every week that is dedicated to Maa Bhimakali and is situated on a round shaped plateau with a square platform on the top.
8.30 am: We start from Shimla and drive for about 40 kilometers (2.5 hours drive) till village Khatnol at the bottom of the peak from where a narrow trail whirls up around the hills and through the dense blue pine & cedar forests and Rolling Meadows.
10.30 am: Arrive at Khatnol and start the hike. The trail leading to the peak is a designated path with some loose rocks but it is comfortable to step on them. It takes about 4.5 hours to walk up and come down.
01.00 pm: Reach the peak. Spend some time there and if it is a clear day the view of series of Himalayan ranges from there, to the north is just mind-blowing. We serve you some snacks and juice
02.00 pm: Start walking down the same way.
03.30 pm: Reach the bottom of the hill and start driving to Shimla.
05.30 pm: Arrive Shimla
- A well conversed English Speaking Guide who holds a good knowledge this walk
- A Mineral Water bottle for everyone in the group
- Light snacks like Chocolates and Chips
- Drive from Shimla to Village Khatnol (Rs. 4000 extra)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 700 Per Person