Dharamshala Sightseeing Tour
The sightseeing tours that covers every key attraction of the Dharamshala region.
- Tour of the major attractions of Dharamshala in a comfortable private car.
- Company of an experienced chauffeur.
- Hassle-free touring amidst the beautiful scenic town.
Dharamshala, located in the Kangra valley in Himachal Pradesh is a popular destination place for tourists because of its incredible beauty and peaceful environment. It is placed at an average altitude of 1,475 meters above sea level. The presence of Dalai Lama and the strongholds for the Tibetan refugees has made this Town a remarkable place for both Indians and foreigners. Surrounded by dense forests, it is the green hill station for those who love to explore India and its beautiful places.
- Your tour begins with a pickup from your given address in Dharamshala at your specified time slot.
- You may visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Bhagsu Nag Temple: Located one km from McLeod Ganj is an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Bhagsu Nag, the snake god, and to Lord Shiva. A freshwater spring, in which pilgrims to take a holy dip flows through the temple. A beautiful waterfall, well worth visiting, is located about a 20-minute walk from the temple. The Bhagsu temple is located in the picturesque Bhagsu village, a Gaddi tribal village whose traditional livelihood was herding and farming.
- Dal Lake: Dal Lake is a small mid-altitude lake (1,775 m above sea level) near of a very beautiful village "Tota Rani".The lake is surrounded by deodar trees and is considered as a sacred spot as there is small Shiva mandir (shrine) on its bank. There are different kinds of fish that live in this lake. This lake has greenish water.
- Dalai Lama Temple: Admire the architecture, art, and atmosphere of an important religious site at Dalai Lama Temple Complex, a Tibetan temple dedicated to His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet. Located in a suburb that acts as the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, the temple exudes a peaceful and reflective atmosphere, with worshippers and monks in meditation throughout the complex.
- St. John Church: The most exciting memorial building of the British Raj in this town is the St. John's Church, which also houses a memorial of Lord Elgin, the Viceroy who died in1963.
- Naddi View Point: Naddi is one of the beautiful spots among the places to visit in Dharamshala. It is famous for watching the splendid sunset, which takes you away from the restlessness of metropolitan life and noise.
- Kangra Art Museum: This museum houses some rare artifacts, miniature paintings and other cultural objects representing the richness of the past of this small town. Some of these belong to the 5th century, and the artifacts are quite well preserved.
- Tea Garden: Beside Palampur, the Tea Gardens of Dharamshala are very famous in Himachal Region. Tea gardens here are not as widespread as Assam or other North-East states, but they sure are nice enough to keep you busy for hours.
- War Memorial: It is one of the major attractions of Dharamsala, the War Memorial reminds us of the post-independence war heroes of Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. These martyrs lost their lives in the Indo-China war of 1962, the Indo-Pak wars of 1947, 1965 and 1971 as well as the UN peace operations.
- Gyuto Monastery: The Gyuto Monastery is one of the most famous monasteries in Tibet and specializes in the study of Tantric meditation, Tantric ritual arts, and Buddhist philosophy. The main disciple of the first Dalai Lama, Jetsun Kunga Dhondup, founded Gyuto Monastery in 1474 in eastern Tibet.
- Ahhanzar Mahadev
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back at your specified location.
- Tour as per the plan
- Hotel pick-up and drop in Dharamshala or Mcleodganj
- Driver, vehicle and fuel charges
₹ 3550 Per Vehicle