Chadar Trek 2018 - 9 Days
Chadar Trek is one of the most challenging yet fulfilling journeys one can ever take in Ladakh region. Apart from its breathtaking beauty which allows the trekkers rare glimpses of the unreachable ranges of the uppermost section of the Himalayas, it tests the trekker’s determination and physical stamina to a great degree.
The temperature during most of Chadar Trek remains around minus five to twenty degree Celsius at the least and the trekkers must also occasionally climb the steep rocks, and take detours to avoid perilous sections of the Zanskar River. While this Chadar trek is not for everyone; if one is adamant enough to experience the supernatural beauty of the highest levels of the Himalayas, unseen by almost everyone on this planet and is willing to go through tough ordeals to achieve it, nothing can be more suitable for such an adventurous soul.
- Standard 9 Day Itinerary
- -35 C Double lace Siachen Grade Sleeping Bags
- 25Kg Oxygen Cylinders
- Hot Water in Leh
- Gum Boots Included
- Double sharing tents on request during trek
- 5x7 feet 2 Person, 8x7 feet 3 person spacious Tents fit for Chadar Treks
- 2:1 ratio of trekker and helper staff ratio
Available Batch Dates:
January: 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24st, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th
February: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th & 11th
Day 1: Arrive at Leh | Stay in Guest House
Arrive at Leh and check into our Guest House. Leh is a high altitude desert and it takes at least a day to acclimatise to these conditions. So rest in your room and in the evening roam around Leh market. Leh is a culturally rich place. There are dozens of monasteries and ancient temples that you can go around. Woollen cap and Gloves are must and should be handy. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 2: Drive to Chilling roadhead and trek to Tilad Do camp - (3100 mts.) | 65 km Drive - Camp Stay
Post breakfast we will drive to Chilling from where we will start our Chadar Trek. The drive to Chilling – the starting point of Chadar trek is an adventurous drive. The ride is along the river Indus via village Nimu the place which is the confluence of the river Indus and the Zanskar. To reach camp one needs to cross the frozen Zanskar.
Day 3: Tilad Do to Shingra Koma - (3170 mts.) | 10 km Trek - Camp Stay
The trek leaders will give a briefing about the day as it will be a long walking session for 10 km on the Chadar. The weather gets to decide about this day’s trek. It can be cold and hard surface to walk on. Imoratant thing is to follow the leader, as they will know where to step and not to. Ice can be thick and thin sometimes, the locals have the sixth sense to step on the Chadar properly. As time goes by you will get used to the walking on the Chadar. Lunch at Gyalpo, a porter-cum-cooks prepares the hot and soupy noodles. The fluid intake must be balanced to circulated the blood in your system during the trek.
Camp-site of that day is at Gyalpo, the place is surrounded with peaks and beautiful viewsof rocks around. There wil be a early dinner served and call it a night.
Day 4: Shingra Koma to Tibb Cave – (3225 mts.) | Trek 15 km - Camp Stay
Today we will start our trek after a nutritious breakfast.Today’s stretch of the Chadar Trek is around 14 km. Our destination for the day is Dib Cave. Dib Cave is big cave which provides shelter. We welcome you to the cave with a hot cup of ladakhi butter tea. Overnight stay at Dib Cave.
Day 5: Tibb cave to Naerak camp – (3390 mts) | Trek 12.5 km - Camp Stay
Today we trek over deep gorges under the frozen Zanskar. You can hear the sound of water flowing beneath it. After trekking for a few hours we reach a huge waterfall. An old, dilapidated bridge on the river, which villagers claim to be more than 1,000 years old, marks Naerak.
Day 6: Naerak to Tibb Cave - (3225 mts.) | 12.5 km Trek - Camp Stay
Naerak to Dibb: The same way back? Well technically ,yes. In fact the Chadar changes by the minute, and the colors and perspectives all change. The Zanskar River reacts to the slightest change of temperature, and constantly keeps repackaging itself. The Chadar would have assumed a completely new form, and will it will almost be impossible to say whether you have been here before. Overnight stay in Dib Cave.
Day 7: Tibb Cave to Shingra Koma - (3225 mts.) | 15 km Trek - Camp Stay
We continue walking in the gorge, which is inaccessible in any other season and we come across some stunning frozen waterfalls.
Day 8: Shingra Koma to Tilad Do to Leh | 10 km Trel, 65 km Drive - Stay in Guest House
At the end of an outstanding frozen river Chadar trek through the Himalayas, you are back to Leh. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 9: Leh Day (Return Flight)
Take your flight to Delhi. As the memorable journey gets over, you will depart from Leh today. The Chadar trek will be a cherished memory for life.
- Accommodation. (Camping) and Leh Guest House (Day 1, and Day 8 according to Itinerary)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Hot water and heating in Leh guest house
- Trek equipments - (Sub-zero -35C temperature Sleeping Bags, Gum Boots, Mattress, Tents, etc.)
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- Transportation from Base Camp Leh to Leh is included in the package as per the itinerary.
- Wildlife Fee if any (There is no fee currently)
- Environmental fee
- Local Union Fees - ALTOA, LAHDC etc
- Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
- Mineral Water & any kind of beverages
- Airport Transfers
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Meals in Leh guest house
- Porter to carry personal luggage
- Anything not specifically mentioned under 'Inclusions'
- Additional Night at Hotel/Guest house in Leh with Heating and Hot water @ Rs.1800 Per Person/Night on Twin Sharing Basis without meals.
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple sharing basis while on the trek.
- Porter to carry personal luggage - Available at Rs.750 per day for upto 9 kg bag
- Single Room and Tent avaiable at Rs. 8500 /- extra
List of Essential items for Chadar Trek 2018
Backpack (Min 60 Ltrs) with Rain Cover
- Trekking Shoes. (Quechua Forclaz 500 M Wenge Men Hiking Boots (43))
- Gum boots
- 4 Pairs of Full sleeve shirts/T-Shirt and Track Pants (1 should be waterproof/windproof)
- 4 Pair of cotton socks. 3 pairs of wollen socks.
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater (Quechua Forclaz 50 Fleece, Men’s Large (Black))
- One Heavy Down Jacket (Quechua Warm Down Ski Jacket, XXL (Black)
- Thermal Inners -2 Pair
- 2 pair water proof hand gloves
- 2 Pair woollen Gloves
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses (U/V protected)
- Walking Stick (At least one)
- People who were spectacles- Should avoid contact lenses and use use photo chromatic glassesinstead
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Chadar trek is categorized as a moderately difficult trek. The trail is relatively easy and very much doable by trekkers who have no prior trekking experience. The biggest challenge on Chadar Trek is cold in real low temperatures. Trekkers on Chadar Trek should keep themselves warm by layering, carry the right kind of clothing and follow all instructions given by the trek leaders and guides.
131 travellers found this helpful
Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk, high energy bars, dry fruits, juices etc. is the regular menu).
2 travellers found this helpful
Our operators take utmost care to ensure safety of customers during the trekking expeditions. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, operator or Trodly will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
2 travellers found this helpful
An identification card (like driving license, voters ID card etc), along with a photocopy. A passport size photo. A medical certificate Format will be sent after confirmation. Disclaimer certificate. Format will be sent after confirmation.
2 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Leh Guest House (Details would be shared)
₹ 18500 Per Person