Sinharaja Rain Forest Day Trek from Colombo
Embark on an adventurous trek through the dense forest of Sri Lanka. Sinharaja Forest Reserve is the best place to explore for all the nature enthusiasts. This biodiversity hotspot is also a UNESCO recognized World Heritage Site. The name Sinhagiri means Kingdom of Lion and this forest reserve is has grown in significance internationally. The dense vegetation of the forest makes it difficult to spot wild animals like in Yale National Park. This forest is home to some of the most diverse species of flora and fauna. Endemic species, birds, reptiles , mammals and rare insects are found here. You can also spot some rare plants and trees in this rainforest.
- Witness the beauty of pristine nature with a visit to Sinharaja Rainforest
- Travel in comfort of a air-conditioned vehicle and enjoy the scenic drive to Sri Lanka's best known rainforest
- Discover the natural beauty of a virgin tropical lush green rainforest
- Spot and photograph unique & highly biodiverse wildlife and rare birds in Sinharaja
- 5:00am - Tour starts with pick-up from you Colombo/Negombo hotel (or address provided)
- Proceed to Sinharaja, which is a 3-4 hours drive
- 9:00am approx - Arrive at Kudawa, the starting point of the trek to Sinharaja
- 11:30am - Reach Sinharaja and explore the area. Have an early lunch or get it packed.
- 1:00pm - Relax at top and enjoy the scenic sights at Sinharaja
- 2:00pm - Start trek back to start point
- 4:00pm - Drive back to Colombo
- 7:00pm approx - Tour ends with drop off at your hotel
- Entrance Fees to Sinharaja Forest
- Trekking Guide
- Transportation by air conditioned fully insured vehicles throughout the journey.
- Meeting arrangement at the airport or Hotel on arrival and departure.
- Video and Camera Permits.
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Sinharaja rainforest is an evergreen rainforest where you can find many endemic birds and animals. Most commonly seen are land monitor lizards, monkeys and many types of antelopes. Bigger animals found here include Jackal, Barking Deer, Mouse Deer, Sambur Deer, Rusty Spotted Cat, Purple-faced Langur, Rhesus Monkey and Wild Boar. Giant Squirrel and Flying Squirrel are also found here. Sinharaja is the habitat of Leopard too but almost impossible to see.
3 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3806.88 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.