Hornbill Festival Of Nagaland
Named after the loved Hornbill bird, and held every year in the first week of December in the beautiful hills of Kohima, the Hornbill Festival is a time of merry making and colorful performances, where all the tribes of Nagaland participate. The aim of the festival is to revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
Hornbill Festival is a great way for us to understand the people and culture of Nagaland. It must be included in your itinerary, if you are visiting Nagaland during that time to enjoy the food, songs, dances and customs of Nagaland.
- Participate and experience the famous Hornbill Festival of Nagaland.
- Visit the beautiful hill towns of Kohima and Mokokchung.
- Engage in hikes, and visit traditional homes.
- Join the fun and local activities of the festival, such as drinking, eating, dancing and merry making.
- Interact and observe traditional tribal lifestyles.
- Be spoilt by tribal hospitality.
DAY 1: Dimapur - Kohima: Drive 75 Kms
We welcome you at Dimapur airport and drive to Kohima to for overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY 2: Kohima-Kisama-Kohima: Drive 12 Kms
Morning transfer to Kisama Heritage Complex, the venue of the Hornbill Festival. Enjoy Hornbill festival (10 A.M. - 2.30 P.M.) Later local sightseeing in Kohima covering, the church & war cemetery.Overnight in Kohima.
DAY 3: Kohima-Kisama-Kohima: Drive 12 Kms
Morning transfer to Heritage Complex, the venue of the Hornbill Festival. Enjoy Hornbill festival (10 A.M. - 2.30 P.M.). Later take a village tour to Jakhama Village.Overnight in Kohima.
Khonoma, a historic Naga Angami village and the site of two legendry British-Angami siege battles in 1847 and 1879, is reminiscent of the Gaul village. Khonoma has around 600 household with a population of around 3000. There are few Morungs in the village; just kept as they were. These Morungs are like a modern day coffee house or school. Morungs are a rarity now. You only see them in few villages and Khonoma is one of them.
DAY 4: Kohima-Khonoma-Kohima: Drive 20 Kms
Morning drive to Khonoma village and meet Angami tribes. Experience tribal lifestyle and overnight stay in a beautiful village home.
DAY 5: Khonoma -- sightseeing
Morning explore the village, the memorial of the historic war and the Tragopan Sanctuary. Evening free to explore the village on your own.
DAY 6: Khonoma-Dimapur: Drive 95 Kms
After breakfast transfer to Dimapur airport and fly to your destination.
1. Transfer & sightseeing by Exclusive Vehicle
2. Accommodation in Twin/Double sharing basis.
3. Breakfast throughout the tour
4. Sightseeing & Activities as specified in the itinerary
1. Major meals
2. Entry fees/pass for sightseeing or other activities
3. Expenses of personal nature
4. Insurances of any type/nature
5. Anything not specified in the inclusions
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: