Hornbill Festival Of Nagaland
Named after the loved Hornbill bird, and held every year in the first week of December in the beautiful hills of Kohima, the Hornbill Festival is a time of merry making and colorful performances, where all the tribes of Nagaland participate. The aim of the festival is to revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
Hornbill Festival is a great way for us to understand the people and culture of Nagaland. It must be included in your itinerary, if you are visiting Nagaland during that time to enjoy the food, songs, dances and customs of Nagaland.
- Participate and experience the famous Hornbill Festival of Nagaland.
- Visit the beautiful hill towns of Kohima and Mokokchung.
- Engage in hikes, and visit traditional homes.
- Join the fun and local activities of the festival, such as drinking, eating, dancing and merry making.
- Interact and observe traditional tribal lifestyles.
- Be spoilt by tribal hospitality.
DAY 1: Dimapur - Kohima: Drive 75 Kms
We welcome you at Dimapur airport and drive to Kohima to for overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY 2: Kohima-Kisama-Kohima: Drive 12 Kms
Morning transfer to Kisama Heritage Complex, the venue of the Hornbill Festival. Enjoy Hornbill festival (10 A.M. - 2.30 P.M.) Later local sightseeing in Kohima covering, the church & war cemetery.Overnight in Kohima.
DAY 3: Kohima-Kisama-Kohima: Drive 12 Kms
Morning transfer to Heritage Complex, the venue of the Hornbill Festival. Enjoy Hornbill festival (10 A.M. - 2.30 P.M.). Later take a village tour to Jakhama Village.Overnight in Kohima.
Khonoma, a historic Naga Angami village and the site of two legendry British-Angami siege battles in 1847 and 1879, is reminiscent of the Gaul village. Khonoma has around 600 household with a population of around 3000. There are few Morungs in the village; just kept as they were. These Morungs are like a modern day coffee house or school. Morungs are a rarity now. You only see them in few villages and Khonoma is one of them.
DAY 4: Kohima-Khonoma-Kohima: Drive 20 Kms
Morning drive to Khonoma village and meet Angami tribes. Experience tribal lifestyle and overnight stay in a beautiful village home.
DAY 5: Khonoma -- sightseeing
Morning explore the village, the memorial of the historic war and the Tragopan Sanctuary. Evening free to explore the village on your own.
DAY 6: Khonoma-Dimapur: Drive 95 Kms
After breakfast transfer to Dimapur airport and fly to your destination.
1. Transfer & sightseeing by Exclusive Vehicle
2. Accommodation in Twin/Double sharing basis.
3. Breakfast throughout the tour
4. Sightseeing & Activities as specified in the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
1. Cancellation up to 60 days in advance: full refund of your deposit less 10% of total tour cost as handling fees.
2. In addition, please note that domestic plane tickets are non-refundable and train tickets have a cancellation penalty that will not be credited back to you.
3. Cancellation between 60 days and 30 days in advance: full refund of your deposit less 20% of tour cost as handling fees.
In addition, please note that domestic plane tickets are non-refundable and train tickets have a cancellation penalty that will not be credited back to you.
4. Cancellation between 30 days and arrival day: no refund of your deposit.
5. Cancellation of part of your itinerary after arrival: each situation will be analyzed in a fair way on a per case basis.
6. In case of cancellation/delay of any flight, air companies have their own policy to help their respected clients. Due to any cancellation/delay of flight if there is any extra cost has to goes to your account.
7. In case of cancellation/delay of any train, each situation will be analyzed in a fair way on a per case basis and you will be responsible for any non-refundable portions of the ticket.
8. We advise our clients to subscribe to travel insurance at home at the same time they purchase their international flight tickets.
9. We cannot be held responsible for problems due to events that are not under our control (weather, political demonstrations, airline & train delays, traffic jams, floods etc.)
10. Should you decide to travel with us to India at a later date, the amount of deposit covering the handling fees will be credited to you when we calculate the cost of your new itinerary, (Credit does not include non-refundable domestic plane tickets, penalties charged by Rail Company, deposits not returned to us by some hotels and car agencies).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.