Udawalawe Safari and Elephant Transit Home Tour
Enjoy a 3 hours game drive at Udawalawe National Park that was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the construction of the Udawalawe Reservoir. It lies on the boundary of Sri Lanka's wet and dry zones. Udawalawe is famous for Sri Lankan Elephants, which are relatively hard to see in its open habitats.
The Elephant Transit Home in Udawalawe is a shelter home for baby elephants and elephants that are in need of medical care. Human conflicts sometimes lead to events like the mother getting separated from the child or even being killed. Such elephants find refuge at this place. Others which might have been injured in various inhuman events and require medical attention are taken care here before releasing them into their natural habitat. This project setup by the department of wildlife in Sri Lanka helps and takes care of hundreds of elephants every year before they are healthy and ready to be released back to the wilderness. Visitors are allowed at specific timings and can help volunteer to take care of these animals. Watch the baby elephants rush to drink milk, play and take a bath by the water. These elephants are very friendly and you are bound to have a great time.
- Visit Elephant Transit Home in Udawalawe
- Experience the beauty and wildlife of Sri Lanka’s premier national park
- 10:00am - You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Athathuru Sevena Elephant Transit Home.
- 10:30am - Visit Elephant Transit Home. The baby elephants reside here were found abandoned, orphaned and sick or wounded in the jungle. They are kept and treated at this Elephant Transit Home and looked after till they are ultimately fit enough to be released back to the wild.
- 12:45pm - Enjoy Lunch at Grand Udawalawe Safari Restaurant
- 2:30pm - You will start your game drive at Udawalawe National Park. Many Elephants are attracted to the park because of the reservoir. Other than the Elephants, the park is home to water Buffalo, water Monitor Lizards, Sambar Deer, Monkeys and the occasional Leopard, as well as it is an exciting location for Bird enthusiasts.
- 6:30pm - You will be taken back to your hotel in Udawalawe
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transfers by Air-Condition vehicles (Sedan Car or Van)
- Entry fee to Elephant Transit Home
- Jeep Safari at Udawalawe National Park
- Lunch at Grand Udawalawe Hotel
- Light Refreshments & Bottled water
- Park Entrance Tickets with government taxes.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5962.75 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.