Day Trek To Karnala Fort In Karnala Bird Sanctuary
The ruins of the Karnala fort are a popular destination for hiking and tourism. It is a trek of 1 hour from the bottom of the hill.
- Trekking during the monsoon is really an exhilarating experience.
- A unique micro-climate in the region.
- The trail is an easy one.
Karnala fort is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. It was a fort of strategic importance as it overlooked the Bor pass which connected the Konkan coast to the interior of Maharashtra and was the main trade route between these areas.
There are 5 resting places on the pathway made by the forest department. The final climbing steps near the entrance of the fort are made safe by iron railings. The water from the southernmost rock-cut water cistern is potable.
- Assemble at Kurla Railway Station at 6:30 am and board train to Panvel. Or you may board the same train from any station as per your convenience to reach Panvel at 7:30 am.
- Alight at Panvel Railway Station and board a State Transport bus or sharing vehicle which will take you to Karnala Bird Sanctuary.
- Reach Karnala and have breakfast before you start the trek.
- After you reach the top, you may spend some time and explore the surroundings.
- On completing the descend you will have your lunch.
- After lunch, start the return journey to Panvel Railway Station.
- Board the train to Kurla or your respective destinations.
- All the transportation charges from Panvel to Panvel
- Entry charges to Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Veg breakfast
- Veg lunch
- Guide and expertise charges
If opted for transport,
- All the transportation charges from Mumbai to Karnala and back in a private vehicle. Please note that pickup will be arranged only within Mumbai city limits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 900 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.