Kodachadri Trek From Bangalore
Kodachadri, situated in the Western Ghat region is a natural heritage site, as declared by Karnataka Government.
- Trek to the highest point in Shimoga District.
- Visit the rejuvenating Hidlumane falls & historical Nagara Fort.
- Experience the rich biodiversity of the region, while trekking through the dense forest.
Brace yourself to find the breathtaking panoramic view of the Kodachadri Hills in Valur, Karnataka. The 1343 meter altitude where the hills are situated at has a dense forest around. The Mookambika Temple in Kollur is quite near to the peak. It also acts as the favourite home for several endangered species of flora and fauna and thus it has the description; a biodiversity hotspot. Whet your stamina to climb the tricky terrains on this 2-day trekking trip from Bangalore and reach the top of the hill where you will be able to grasp the enormous stretches of the Western Ghats. The plethora of natural spectacle in Kodachadri won't be ending. Visit Hidlumane Waterfalls on your trip in addition to your tour of Nagara fort as well. The total trek distance is 20 km.
Day 1: Journey from Bangalore
- Start an overnight journey from Bangalore in a group bus.
- All the trekkers need to report at the following point for their pick-up (choose as per your convenience):
- 8:00 pm: Koramangala BDA complex (near Bank of Baroda)
- 8:15 pm: Embassy Golf Links Tech Park
- 8:30 pm: Swamy Vivekananda Metro Station
- 9:00 pm: Hebbala/Manyatha Tech Park
- 9:15 pm: Gorguntepalya Metro Station
- The overnight journey to Shimoga region is close to 300 km from Bangalore and may take up to 9 hours.
Day 2: Trekking day
- We are expected to reach the homestay in Kattinahole early morning the next day.
- Get freshen up and have freshly cooked breakfast.
- Post that, we will start the trek and packed lunch will be given to every member.
- We trek to Hidlumane Falls, there are a series of 6 to 7 waterfalls, one after the another. The beauty of these falls is that each of these falls are hidden from one another.
- We spend some here to enjoy the beautiful spot.
- We proceed to the Kodachadri peak, a small path connects Hidlumane falls with Kodachadri and it goes through the lush green forest.
- We have lunch here and explore the panoramic views from the top.
- We start the descent to reach back to the homestay and are expected to reach homestay by 7:00 pm.
- Dinner will be served, relax by the bonfire and enjoy the night.
- Overnight stay in shared rooms.
Day 3: Local sightseeing and return journey
- After the breakfast, we head to visit Nagara fort, a local attraction.
- After spending some time exploring the fort, we will start the return journey to Bangalore.
- On the way, we stop for lunch where members can eat as their wish (lunch expenses to be paid by members).
- We are expected to enter Bangalore city limits by 7 pm.
- The drop points for trekker will be the same as the pick-up points on day-1.
- Transportation in a shared vehicle.
- Tented accommodation at triple sharing basis.
- 2 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Bonfire at base camp.
- Forest department permits.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
₹ 3410 Per Person