Lunch At Writer's Heritage Haveli And Poetry
Enjoy a traditional cuisine being prepared in an open courtyard of a beautiful 18th-century haveli of legendary writer Bhartendu Harishchandra.
- Feast on traditional cuisine in a beautiful 18th-century haveli.
- Lip-smacking food like Litti-Chokha, with Choorma, Daal, and Rice.
- Fascinating discussions on poetry, society and book reading.
Varanasi is a city in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh which dates back to 11th century BC. Varanasi which is also known as Banaras is considered as the spiritual capital of India is a famous destination for Hindu pilgrims. The ghats of Ganga which are dotted with several ghats attract both domestic and international tourists in huge numbers every year. Varanasi has beautiful ancient alleyways which have some pretty old and famous food stalls. Relish a traditional cuisine being prepared in an open courtyard of a beautiful 18th-century haveli of a legendary writer who introduced realism in Hindi literature. Involve yourself in some fascinating discussions on poetry, society and book reading.
- The guests are required to report by 12 noon at Chowk Thana, Varanasi.
- You will meet your guide for the tour here and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- You will head to the 18th-century haveli of a famous writer, Bharatendu Harishchandra.
- Upon your arrival, you'll be given a tour of the place and the history of the place.
- will experience the preparation of traditional cuisine like Litti-Chokha (a dough ball made up of whole wheat flour and stuffed with roasted chickpea flour, mixed with herbs and spices and then roasted over coal), Choorma (minced whole wheat bread), Daal (lentils), and rice in the beautiful courtyard of the haveli.
- Your hosts at he heritage haveli will have you involved in fascinating discussions on poetry, society and book reading.
- The lunch will be a blend of lip-smacking food, heritage and literature.
- After the session ends, you'll head back to Chowk Thana, Varanasi and your tour end here at around 4:00 pm.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2000 Per Person