Murshidabad 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Kolkata
The land once ruled by the Nawabs of Bengal, Murshidabad is dotted with a number of historical places and gorgeous monuments.
- One of the best escape to someplace historic, with a slightly modern touch in West Bengal.
- Visit places like the Hazarduari Palace, Katra Masjid, Nizamat Imambara and many more during this tour.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
This majestic town was named by its first Nawab, Murshid Kuli Khan who ruled for a brief period of 1717-1727. This town belongs to the Murshidabad district of West Bengal, it is located on the eastern bank of river Bhagirathi which is a distributary of Ganges. This town is dotted with a number of historical places and is a major tourist destination to the ones who have a knack for exploring the historic monuments.
Day 1: The driver from Kolkata to Murshidabad and local sightseeing
- Your tour begins with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits at pick-up time selected by you during the booking.
- Journey to Murshidabad is about 200 kilometres and may take up to 5 hours.
- It's recommended to start the tour early to have plenty of time to see the places without rushing.
- Upon arrival in Murshidabad, the following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Hazarduari Palace: The name literally means a palace with a thousand doors, known as the Bara Kothi, is located in the campus of Kila Nizamat in Murshidabad.
- Nizamat Imambara: Built in the year of 1847 it is a Shia Muslim congregation hall and is among the largest in India and Bengal.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant at your convenience.
- You should book the overnight stay at a hotel in Murshidabad where the driver will drop you at the end of today's tour.
Day 2: Murshidabad local sightseeing and return journey to Kolkata
- On the second day after you have freshened up and ready for the day's tour, the driver will pick you up for today's tour.
- The following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Katra Masjid: It is a is a mosque and the tomb of Nawab Murshid Quli Khan built between 1723 and 1724.
- Motijheel: It is a horse-shoe shaped lake in Murshidabad, it was created by Nawazish Muhammad Khan, the son-in-law of Nawab Alivardi Khan.
- Jahan Kosha Cannon: Placed in the Topekhana a quarter of a mile to the southeast of the Katra Mosque, this cannon's name literally means Destroyer of the World.
- Yellow mosque: As yellow was the favourite colour of Nawab Siraj-Ud Daullah, this mosque was coloured yellow unlike the usual white ones, it is located near to the Hazarduari Palace.
- The Chawk Mosque: It is a mosque which was founded in the year of 1767 AD by Munny Begum, wife of Nawab Mir Zafar.
- Dutch Cemetary: As the name suggests it is a graveyard of the Dutch explorers who once came to Murshidabad.
- Wasif Manzil: The Wasif Manzil or the New Palace was built by Nawab Wasif Ali Mirza Khan.
- After the completion of the tour, the return journey to Kolkata will start and is expected to take up to 5 hours.
- The driver will drop you back at your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 600 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
- Airport pick-up or drop.
- All parking & toll charges.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Accommodation charges for the guests.
- Any meals during the tour for the guests.
- Anything else not specified in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- This is not a guided tour.
- The driver will know the local language, English speaking driver can be requested for during the booking in "Special Request" section, though the same cannot be promised.
- The guests may choose to skip or add any new attraction in the destination of the tour.
- Sedans (4-seater) models provided are Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios or similar.
- SUV (6-seater) models provided are Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga or similar.
- Night charge of Rs. 500 is applicable if the cab service is used between 10:00 pm to 6:00 am.
- The tour has a kilometre limit of 600 kilometres.
- After 600 kilometres, additional per kilometre charge will be applicable (to be paid directly to the driver)
- For Sedan (4-seater) - Rs. 17 per km (additional kilometre charge).
- For SUV (6-seater) - Rs. 22 per km (additional kilometre charge).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel/residence pick-up and drop (within city limits).
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the full pick up address at the checkout page.
- The driver and cab details will be shared with you 2 to 4 hours prior to the tour start time.
₹ 14150 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.