Murshidabad 2-Day Sightseeing Tour from Kolkata
The land once ruled by the Nawabs of Bengal, Murshidabad is dotted with a number of historical places and gorgeous monuments.
- One of the best escape to someplace historic, with a slightly modern touch in West Bengal.
- Visit places like the Hazarduari Palace, Katra Masjid, Nizamat Imambara and many more during this tour.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
This majestic town was named by its first Nawab, Murshid Kuli Khan who ruled for a brief period of 1717-1727. This town belongs to the Murshidabad district of West Bengal, it is located on the eastern bank of river Bhagirathi which is a distributary of Ganges. This town is dotted with a number of historical places and is a major tourist destination to the ones who have a knack for exploring the historic monuments.
Day 1: The driver from Kolkata to Murshidabad and local sightseeing
- Your tour begins with a pick up from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits at pick-up time selected by you during the booking.
- Journey to Murshidabad is about 200 kilometres and may take up to 5 hours.
- It's recommended to start the tour early to have plenty of time to see the places without rushing.
- Upon arrival in Murshidabad, the following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Hazarduari Palace: The name literally means a palace with a thousand doors, known as the Bara Kothi, is located in the campus of Kila Nizamat in Murshidabad.
- Nizamat Imambara: Built in the year of 1847 it is a Shia Muslim congregation hall and is among the largest in India and Bengal.
- Break for lunch at a local restaurant at your convenience.
- You should book the overnight stay at a hotel in Murshidabad where the driver will drop you at the end of today's tour.
Day 2: Murshidabad local sightseeing and return journey to Kolkata
- On the second day after you have freshened up and ready for the day's tour, the driver will pick you up for today's tour.
- The following landmarks are recommended for today's tour:
- Katra Masjid: It is a is a mosque and the tomb of Nawab Murshid Quli Khan built between 1723 and 1724.
- Motijheel: It is a horse-shoe shaped lake in Murshidabad, it was created by Nawazish Muhammad Khan, the son-in-law of Nawab Alivardi Khan.
- Jahan Kosha Cannon: Placed in the Topekhana a quarter of a mile to the southeast of the Katra Mosque, this cannon's name literally means Destroyer of the World.
- Yellow mosque: As yellow was the favourite colour of Nawab Siraj-Ud Daullah, this mosque was coloured yellow unlike the usual white ones, it is located near to the Hazarduari Palace.
- The Chawk Mosque: It is a mosque which was founded in the year of 1767 AD by Munny Begum, wife of Nawab Mir Zafar.
- Dutch Cemetary: As the name suggests it is a graveyard of the Dutch explorers who once came to Murshidabad.
- Wasif Manzil: The Wasif Manzil or the New Palace was built by Nawab Wasif Ali Mirza Khan.
- After the completion of the tour, the return journey to Kolkata will start and is expected to take up to 5 hours.
- The driver will drop you back at your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 500 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8630 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.