Gandikota - The Grand Canyon of India
Celebrate the coming of the New Year with an adventurous journey to the beautiful Gandikota, the Grand Canyon of India and the magnificent Belum Caves.
- Explore Gandikota, also popularly called to be the "Grand Canyon of India"
- Visit Belum caves, the largest and longest cave open to the public on the Indian subcontinent
- Relax around the bonfire and camp under the stars
Gandikota is a village on the right bank of the river Pennar. The large granary, with a vaulted roof, is now used as watchman's quarters. There is an old cannon lying in the fort. If you’re looking for quirky stay options and wish to sleep under the stars with the river gushing beside you, then camping at Gandikota is the perfect thing to do. The Belum Caves is the largest and longest cave system open to the public on the Indian subcontinent. Belum is part of a larger complex of caves carved out of the limestone deposits in the Erramalai region.
Day 1: Roadtrip from Bangalore to Gandikota
- The guests are required to report at the nearest pick-up location in Bangalore between 6 to 7 am (Refer to meet-up information section for the pick-up points).
- Board the group tour vehicle and start the journey to Gandikota by 7:00 am.
- Gandikota is approximately 300 km from Bangalore city and may take up to 6 to 7 hours by road.
- The group is expected to reach the arrival point in Gandikota by 1:00 pm.
- Once freshened-up, visit Gandikota fort and explore the area.
- The group will have enough time to explore the canyon area and to capture some great shots on the camera.
- Around 7:00 pm, work with the team to pitch the tents at the campsite.
- The area can get chilly at night during that time of the year, enjoy dinner by the bonfire at the campsite and welcome the New Year 2019 under the open sky.
- The overnight accommodation will be done in the camps under the stars.
Day 2: Kayaking in the canyon, visit Belum caves and return to Bangalore
- Start the day early by 7:00 am, freshen-up and head to the river for kayaking.
- The group will be served freshly prepared breakfast before starting for Belum Caves.
- Belum Caves are the largest and longest cave system open to the public on the Indian subcontinent, known for its speleothems, such as stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- Once the visit to the caves is complete, start the return journey to Bangalore.
- On the way back the group will also stop by Lepakshi temple, built in Vijayanagara style of architecture.
- The group is expected to reach back to Bangalore by 8:00 pm.
- Members can choose to be dropped at any of the pick-up points of the trip.
- Charges for road transport from Bangalore and back.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Meals - Day-1: Lunch and dinner (Veg & non-veg); Day-2: Breakfast.
- Entry charges to caves.
- Tents and sleeping bags.
- Meals during the road journey.
- Any personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Cost remains the same for foreigners.
- Children below 6 years are NOT permitted for the trip.
- All members of 6 years of age or above will be charged at adult pricing.
- Separate washrooms are provided for girls and boys at Haritha hotel.
- There are no fixed washrooms at the campsite.
- Alcohol or any intoxicant is not permitted on the trip.
Things to carry
- 2 Change of clothes,
- Closed shoes,
- Re-usable water bottle,
- Personal medications,
- Necessary toiletries.
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick-up location and timings are mentioned below:
- 6.15 am MG Road Metro Station.
- 6.30 am Indiranagar Kfc junction
- 6.45 am Manyata Tech Park
- 7.00 am Hebbal Esteem Mall
- The trek coordinator's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher sent to your registered email address
₹ 3350 Per Person