Cradle To The Grave: A Walk to Cemeteries of Kolkata
Kolkata is famous for it's Burial Ground' area. Please join us to see the well known personalities resting there: literary figures, military leaders, legendary characters in Kolkata's history, Independence movement leaders, and other notable people.
You will be visiting South Park Street and Lower Circular Road Cemetery.
Anthony, a philanthropist and descendant of Johness Carapiet Galstaun, creator of most of the Raj era buildings in Kolkata - has started Ghost Walks as an interesting way of showcasing the city's built heritage. Ghost walks are big business in cities like Edinburgh, New Orleans and Sydney. His family built 350 buildings across Kolkata - Nizam Palace, Freemasons Hall, Queens Mansions, all of Ballygunge, big donors toward the construction of Victoria memorial. He was born here but grew up, studied, worked and live in the UK where he was with the famous Scotland Yard for 10 years. He then returned to India to start Swachh Bharat, a year before the present government, in 2013, by setting up an NGO called Garbage Free India.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.