Valley Of Flower Trek From Dehradun
Walk through the valley adorned with exotic flowers, views a nature lover must not miss, wild fragrances one will not forget. Trekking to the Valley of Flowers will be one of a kind experience.
- Trek enjoyed by trekker and researchers from around the World.
- A six-day five-night trek to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib
- Actual trek starting from Govindghat on the second day
- Reach the Valley of Flowers on the third day and Hemkund Sahib on the next day.
- Take a dip in the Hemkund Lake and enjoy the tea from the Hemkund Sahib
- Stays will be arranged in camps or guest houses
- Service of an experienced guide throughout the journey
Why Choose This?
- No hidden charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip
- Small convenient batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Comfortable accommodation: Stays on all days will be at triple sharing basis.
- Road transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
Valley of flowers is a national park and world heritage site in India and is famous for its wildflowers. Start your trek from the banks of the Alaknanda River and reach the Valley of Flowers on the third day of the trek. The soil here does not hold a lot of water and hence the flowers bloom immediately after the first rain. The valley will be filled with colours by mid-August with wildflowers occupying every inch. For the carnivorous plants among them, the source of nutrition are insects, but these plants can only be identified by a keen observer. After your visit to the Valley of Flowers, you can visit the Hemkund Sahib and take a dip in the Hemkund Lake.
Day-1: Dehradun - Joshimath (10-11 hrs drive)
Report in Dehradun by 6:30 am and we drive to Joshimath with the group. On the way, you will be passing through the places like Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Nandaprayag. After we reach Joshimath/Auli, spend the night at a rest-house in Joshimath/Auli.
Day-2: Joshimath - Ghangaria
Early in the morning, we drive to Govindghat and from there start the trek by crossing the river Alaknanda over a bridge at Govindghat. We will walk towards the Bhyundar valley through the forest area and a few villages. On the way to Ghangaria, you can meet waterfalls dropping from the peaks hiding under the mist cloud and screaming white water meanders. Apart from the extraordinary views, it will be a moderate trail. The 14 km trek to reach Ghangaria takes about 4-5 hrs, you can also hire a mule to reach Ghangaria.
Overnight in rest houses at Ghangaria.
Day-3: Ghangaria - Valley of Flowers - Ghangaria (4 km one-way - 6 hrs)
Today we will get to meet the Valley of Flowers.We will start the day with a short ascending trek to the valley. The gradient is moderate and the landscape soothing to the eye. It will take a couple of hours to reach the valley. The valley is an unending meadows laden with a variety of alpine flowers, network of streams and big mountains all around.
You can spend 3-4 hrs exploring the valley. Take pictures, run around admiring and relishing the view and the fragrance of wildflowers spread out as far as your eyes can see. Towards late afternoon we can return to Ghangaria.
Overnight we stay in a rest-house at Ghangaria.
For your information: The prominent species of flowers in the valley are Brahma Kamal, Anemone, Geranium, Marsh Marigold, Primula, Lilium, Potentilla, Ranunculus, Inula, Corydalis, Pedicularis, Arisaema, Ligularia, Morina, Impatiens, Saxifrages Bistorta, Anaphalis, Sibbaldia etc...
Day-4: Ghangaria - Hemkund Sahib - Ghangaria (6 km one-way - 10 hrs)
From Ghangaria our next destination will be Hemkund Sahib. Climb to Hemkund Sahib is steep at places and will take about 3 - 4 hours to reach the top. Hemkund Sahib is a popular Sikh Shrine built next to the lake. Surrounded by wildflowers you can take a dip in the lake and get a taste of the Himalayas. You can also taste the hot tea served in the Gurdwara (Shrine) before returning to Ghangaria.
Overnight we stay in rest-house at Ghangaria.
Day-5: Ghangaria - Govindghat (9 km - 4 hrs)
Trek back to Govindghat. We are estimating to reach by 2 pm. Sit back and relax now, we'll be staying overnight in Govindghat.
Day-6: Govindghat - Dehradun
After having breakfast in the early morning we will drive you to Dehradun
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of experienced mountain guide & helper staff
- Comfortable accommodation during the trek - triple sharing basis
- Accommodation from day-1 until morning day-6
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-7)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.