Jewish Heritage Walk in Fort Kochi
In this 2-hour walking tour, stroll around the lanes of the Jew Town and visit the places where Jewish culture and tradition is still alive.
- Explore Jew Town with an experienced guide to capture the hues of Jew town.
- Visit the Jewish synagogue, a popular attraction in the town.
- Enter the local stores for some interesting antique and handicrafts.
Jew town is narrow streets between Paradesi Synagogue and Mattancherry Palace. This place is known for its antique items, handicrafts and spice markets. There are many handicrafts and antique stores which attract tourists to buy some interesting souvenirs. The Jewish Synagogue is one of the important attractions of the street and synagogue was in the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- You are requested to report at the St. George Orthodox Koonan Kurish Old Syrian Church by 9:00 AM or 5:00 PM as per the time preferred by you.
- Meet the guide here and have a quick briefing session and start the tour.
- Visit St. George Orthodox Koonan Kurish Old Syrian Church which is the oldest St. George Church in Kochi.
- Walk into the Mattancherry Palace which is also known as the Dutch Palace. This Palace was built by Portuguese and gifted to the King of Cochin. This Palace was also in the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Next stop would be the Jewish cemetery which is close to Paradesi Jewish Synagogue and there are only the tombs of the white jews.
- Walk across the lanes of Jew Town which is famous for its ancient buildings, markets and souvenirs.
- You will also visit the spice market, the handicraft market which is famous in the town.
- Visit a folklore museum which has a collection of items which depicts the culture and tradition of Kerala.
- Last stop of the walking tour will be the Jewish Synagogue, which is the oldest and active synagogue in the Commonwealth countries.
- After the visit, you will end the tour at Synagogue with a great perspective of tradition and culture of the Jews.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 840 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.