From Cocoon to a Silk Saree, Guided Tour of the Mysore Silk Making from Bangalore
A full day guided tour to see all the aspect of SIlk production of the famous 'Mysore Silk', from visiting Asia's largest silk market for silk cocoon auction to processing it into treads and the final outcome as a silk sarees, that are sold across the world.
- Understand the various activities which play a key role in making the silk sarees like silk cocoon harvesting and cocoon auction.
- Silk factory and silk saree shop tour.
- Service of an experienced guide during the tour.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab throughout the tour.
Silk route to Mysore is a day trip from Bangalore where we experience the magical process of making of silk sarees. We will get to see the raising of silkworms, cocoon harvesting, silk thread extraction, dyeing, spinning and weaving. The experience includes meeting sericulture farmers, visiting cocoon auction market and tour of a Silk factory & silk saree showroom.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will meet you at your hotel or residence address in Bangalore at 7:30 AM.
- After a formal introduction with the host, start the journey to Ramnagara, the silk town of Karnataka.
- The drive to Ramnagara is about 60 KM from Bangalore and may take up to 1.5 hours to reach.
- Ramnagara is famous for its silk industry and receives 50 tons of silk cocoons every day, making it Asia’s largest silk cocoon market.
- Once in Ramnagara, head to the village with your guide and meet the farmers who rear silkworms and harvest silk cocoons for a living.
- Next phase of the Mysore silk tour to visit the silk cocoon market, you will be heading to Government Silk Cocoon Market and witness an auction in progress.
- At 12:30 PM, you will visit a silk factory that was started by the Maharaja of Mysore. It’s a fascinating experience to see the process of silk production from reeling of the cocoon to the weaving of silk fabric.
- Your lunch will be arranged at a palace which was built by the Maharaja of Mysore to welcome the Viceroy of India.
- Silk sarees are a cultural icon in South India, ranging in length from 6 to 9 yards, these sarees are worn by women during auspicious occasions.
- Your guide for the tour will take you to a showing with an amazing collection of silk sarees, so you can see the final outcome of the complete silk harvesting cycle.
- At this mesmerizing sight of colours and textures is where your tour comes to an end.
- Start the journey back to your hotel or residence address in Bangalore. You are expected to reach back by 8:00 PM.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Bangalore city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Entry charges to places of visit.
- Breakfast and lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.