Guided Cultural Heritage Walking Tour Of Pune
Take a guided tour of the beautiful city of Pune and soak in Pune's rich cultural heritage.
- Guided walking tour of Pune with hotel pick-up & drop.
- Visit famous places like Shaniwad Wada, Lal Mahal, Nana Wada and Dagdu Sheth Temple.
- Explore Nana Wada, one of the oldest heritage sites in the city.
- Take a leisurely stroll in the lanes of the Laxmi market.
Pune is a city in the western state of Maharastra, once the base of the Peshwas of the Maratha Empire which lasted from 1674 to 1818, is now a beautiful metropolitan city. It is the second most populous city in Maharastra. It is famous for the Aga Khan Palace, built in the year of 1892 and now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi.
- The tour guide/host will meet you at 9:30 am at Shaniwar Wada.
- You will start the walking tour at Shaniwar Wada, the seat of power of the Peshwas or Prime Ministers of the powerful Maratha Empire.
- This Palace was built in 1730 in honour of Peshwa Bajirao Ballal Balaji Bhat for services rendered to the Maratha Empire. Shaniwarwada is considered as the most haunted place in Pune!
- At 10:30 am you will be visiting Lal Mahal, the father of the great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj built this Palace.
- It was the residence for Shivaji till he conquered his first Fort at Torna. What exists today is a replica of the original building which was built in AD 1636.
- At around 11:30 am you will be visiting Nana Wada, one of the oldest heritage sites in the city.
- It provides a glimpse of the golden age of the Peshwas, the all-powerful Prime Ministers of Maratha Dynasty.
- In between the events, you may have a lunch break.
- At noon you will be visiting the Dagdu Sheth Temple, which is a temple dedicated to Lord Ganesh and arguably the most famous one in Pune. A
- A sweet maker who lost his son to the plague built this temple in 1892. The temple played a crucial role in inspiring Lokmanya Tilaorganizeanise the annual Ganesh festival to unite Indians to fight for freedom from the British.
- Post which at around 1 pm you will go on a bazaar trail. You will be walking through Laxmi Market, the haven for shoppers!
- We visit quaint shops in the most famous bazaar and flea market of Pune. It has been aptly named after the Hindu goddess of wealth.
- At around 1:30 pm your tour will come to an end, you will be dropped at Laxmi market.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.