Mahabalipuram Guided Trip from Pondicherry
Experience the popular gateway near to Pondicherry, known for its picturesque beauty, heritage and culture on this guided tour to the most perennial favourite gateway, Mahabalipuram.
- Visit the group of monuments of Mahabalipuram which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Explore some of the best stone carvings in the world and visit the Shore temple.
- Company of a knowledgeable guide and service of a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
- Complimentary lunch during the tour.
Mahabalipuram, the combination of lovely beach and single rock cut carvings, known more for its architecture; the monuments were carved by the Pallava Dynasty in 7th centuries, nearly 1400 years ago. The Rock-cut monuments are well preserved for the tourists to study the Cultural Heritage of India. History lovers will enjoy every inch of each stone at Mahabalipuram. A walk across the carvings will bring you the whole era on the stone to your vision. The difficulty level in the accuracy of architecture’s workmanship and the carvings on the solid stones will leave you stunned.
One of the oldest temples among the South Indian Temples has been listed in the World Heritage sites of the UNESCO. The temple is popular as it is at the seashore full of carvings inside. Mahabalipuram also has splendid places for tourists to stay in.
- The driver will receive you from your hotel or residence in Pondicherry at 9:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour will start.
- Start the drive from Pondicherry to Mahabalipuram which is almost 125 KM and it might take you 2 hours to reach Mahabalipuram.
- After reaching, you will be visiting the following places;
- Arjuna Penance: a 100 feet x 45 feet bas relief where an entire masterpiece from the Mahabharata epic has been carved.
- Krishna’s Butterball: a curious sight of a 5 meters diameter ball-shaped boulder which is perched precariously on a slope and seems to defy Newton’s laws of gravity!
- Have a short lunch break at a local's favourite place.
- Five Rathas: or the Pancha Rathas, 5 chariots will be our first destination. These are rock-cut monolith temples structures dedicated to Draupadi and the 5 Pandavas from the epic Mahabharata.
- Shore Temple: This 8th-century structural temple is made of granite and served as a beacon for seafarers of the time also it overlooks the shore of Bay of Bengal.
- After visiting all the places, you will start the drive back to Pondicherry and you will be dropped at your hotel to end the tour.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Pick up and drop from Pondicherry hotel/residence.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Lunch at a local's favourite restaurant.
- Local tips and recommendations.
- Water bottle.
- All entrance charges.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking, all the guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The guests may also carry sunglasses, sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children below 4 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- A Sedan can accommodate 3 members only (4 years of age or older).
- An SUV can accommodate 5 members only (4 years of age or older).
- Each member must carry a valid photo ID.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
- This is a custom tour, the driver will try to cover all the destinations mentioned in the itinerary.
- The tour has a time limit of 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, additional per hour charges are applicable (to be paid directly to the guide in cash).
- Rs 1000 per hour is charged for any vehicle (Includes vehicle, fuel, driver and guide charges).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Hotel / Residence in Pondicherry city limits.
- The local person's contact details will be shared in the booking voucher which is shared via email.
₹ 9450 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.