French Town Walking Tour of Pondicherry
Experience authentic Pondicherry on this amazing walking tour of the old town with the fun and entertaining storytellers.
- Explore the French town with an expert guide.
- Visit the popular places of the town like Aurobindo ashram, Notre Dams Church, Museum etc.
- Experience the pure mix of French and Indian culture.
Pondicherry is an adventure place through the history of French colonization. Even simple architectures in Pondicherry will make you wonder if you’re in France, which is how the French influence is. This walking tour will give you a great induction of the city, its history, its vibrant culture, and its people with lots of wonderful stories about the city, fun facts and must do things in the city.
- You are requested to report at Puducherry Tourism Information Centre, White town by 9:00 AM or 5:00 PM as per your convenience.
- Meet your guide here and have a quick briefing session on the walking tour and start the tour.
- In this walking tour, you will be visiting the following places:
- École Française d'Extrême-Orient: Heritage building and the library is home to over 11,000 Indology books and a series of Sanskrit, Tamil and Manipravalam palm-leaf manuscripts.
- An embroidery centre: Housed in a stunning 18th-century building and run by a local convent and supports underprivileged women.
- A lane with old cafes, houses build in French architecture and lively markets of Pondy.
- Old lanes, houses, winding streets and the Academy of Western Music.
- Notre Dames Church: A beautiful French architecture with a statue of the iconic Joan of Arc in centre and frontage facing the rising sun.
- Bharati Park: The greenest attractions in Pondicherry along with important government buildings of Pondicherry surround this park.
- Puducherry Museum: With a fantastic collection of sculptures and approx 30 meters tall and 100 years old lighthouse on the beach side.
- Vinayagar temple: A vibrant Hindu temple is known for its elephant blessings ornately carved stone walls and golden chariot.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram: One of the most well known and wealthiest ashrams in India, with devotees from all over the world flocking towards it for spiritual salvation.
- French war memorial, dedicated to residents of French India who died in First World War and a famous rock beach.
- After the visit, you will end the tour at the French war memorial.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Local tips and recommendations.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.