Street Food Walking Tour of Kochi
In this 2-hour walking tour, stroll the lanes of Kochi and taste variety of Malabar cuisines and also understand the preparations of the authentic dishes.
- Taste the authentic Kerala cuisines in this walk.
- Witness the preparation of the snacks and sweets which are famous in Kerala.
- Taste variety of authentic cuisines like Idiyappam, Pazham Pori, Halwa and many more.
Every state has its own food culture, Kerala also has one with Malabar cuisine. They use coconut in abundance in their preparations and special dishes are made out of it. In this walking tour try a different variety of foods like Appam, Idiyappam, Pazham Pori, Halwa, Puttu and other stuff. Banana chips also form a prominent part in the cuisine of Kerala.
- You are requested to report at Cochin Thirumala Devaswom, Mattancherry by 12:00 PM or 6:00 PM.
- Meet the guide and have a quick introduction session and start the tour.
- Stroll the lanes with the oldest food shops and taste variety of local Kerala snacks.
- You will taste Idiyappam which is made out of rice flour, which can be called as steamed rice noodles. This is also called as Nool Puttu in Malayalam.
- The most common evening snack in Kerala is Pazhampuri, which can be called as banana fritters. A cup of tea or black tea with Pazham Pori is a perfect evening snack for the Keralites.
- Witness the preparation of the most celebrated sweets in the coastal state, few of which did not even originate in this region.
- After 2 hours of the street food crawl end the walk with a delicious dessert near the Jain temple, Mattancherry.
- Food samples during the tour.
- Service of a knowledgeable English and Hindi speaking guide.
- Great conversations, interesting stories, local tips and recommendations.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1050 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.