Explore Pondicherry - A Road Trip from Bangalore
Pondicherry, a French colony till 1954, is now one of the top getaways from Bangalore. The French legacy is preserved with the streets of the French Quarters, colonial villas and chic boutiques. Join us on this 3-day trip to Pondicherry and learn about Indian-French culture and the heritage of Pondicherry.
Pondicherry Road Trip Highlights
- Explore the French colony - its cafes, museums, and churches built by the French
- Walk barefoot on the beaches and spend a leisurely weekend at Pondy
- Eat wood-fired pizza, do some shopping and spend good time
- Travel from Bangalore to Pondicherry with convenient round trip transfers included
Detailed Trip Overview
Pondicherry is a French colonized town located on the East coast. The town was the French settlement for more than 350 years and the breeze of the French history is still felt in the streets of Pondicherry. The colonial architecture with tall Yellow painted buildings & beautiful streets will pose for good pictures of your camera. The beautiful beaches, the French-Italian-Tamil cuisines, good French bakeries, shopping, and some good drinks are the trend that makes people enjoy the complete experience in Pondicherry.
Pondicherry Road Trip from Bangalore Itinerary
Day 1: Journey from Bangalore to Pondicherry
- The guests are requested to report at the nearest pick-up point by 10:00 pm (please refer the meet-up information for pick up points)
- We will take an overnight journey to Pondicherry.
Day 2: Visit French Colony, Museums, Aurobindo Ashram and Light House.
- We are estimated to reach Pondicherry by 6:00 am in the morning and take a walk at Promenade beach and the guests are given a brief introduction about the history and present Pondicherry.
- We will check into a homestay and freshen up and have a nice breakfast.
- Get ready to explore the French colony by foot. Visit the monuments, museum, churches and a school which is in the French style.
- The guests are served with a delicious lunch and later we visit Aurobindo ashram. This ashram was founded by Mirra Alfassa (also known as ‘The Mother’) and the philosopher Sri Aurobindo, a yogi, guru, and a poet.
- Head to the lighthouse of Pondicherry that clearly portrays the beach, French colony and other parts of Pondicherry from the altitude of 100 ft tower. Viewing the town from the tallest tower will give you a memorable experience.
- Play on the light-house beach, hear to the beach waves, walk barefoot and play Frisbee.
- Head back to the home-stay, refresh and take a stroll on the colourful Auroville streets.
- Get set for the New Year and welcome the New Year with cheerfulness.
Day 3: Shopping, Street food, and head back to Bangalore.
- Freshen up and start the day with an awesome French breakfast. Enjoy delicacies like Buttery white bread with French toast, croissants, Eggs Benedict, and freshly brewed coffee and tea.
- Pondicherry is an awesome place for shopping. You can get clothes, chocolates, souvenirs, leathers and many things.
- Auroville village also has a lot of unique handmade souvenirs.
- Stop over for Lunch at Tanto restaurant – a perfect place to taste the exotic Italian foods such a firewood pizza, Lasagna and grilled fish. And their special juices which have no sugar and no water. (self-sponsored)
- Enjoy the glittering evening at the Rock beach and spend a leisurely time looking at the waves. For the street food lovers, things like spicy macaroni, chocolate café, famous mutton samosa, and freezing gelato is a treat for the taste buds.
- And finally, say “Au revoir” (goodbye) to Pondicherry and head back to Bangalore. Reach home by 5:00 am in the next day morning
- Transportation to and fro from Bangalore (Non AC shared vehicle)
- Accommodation in homestays (triple or 4 sharing basis)
- 1 Breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 Dinner (veg/non-veg)
- An expert guide for the heritage walk of French colony & Auroville
- Trip Coordinator.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3780 Per Person