Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram 2 Day Tour from Bangalore
Take 2 days sightseeing tour of Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram which were the architectural capitals of Pallava and Chola dynasty.
- Explore the grandeur and beautiful carvings of Kanchipuram temples
- Visit the group of monuments of Mahabalipuram and Shore temple.
- Enjoy the best of Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram with an experienced driver.
Kanchipuram is also called Kanchi or Kanjeevaram, one of the most ancient cities of southern India and traces its history to the 2nd century BCE as an early Chola capital. Temples are found everywhere here and Kanchipuram has a rich cultural history and is one of the oldest cities in India. Apart from Temple City, Kanchipuram is also known "Silk City" for its unique hand-woven sarees famous all over the country. Mahabalipuram, the combination of lovely beach and single rock cut carvings, known more for its architecture; the monuments were carved by the Pallava Dynasty in 7th centuries, nearly 1400 years ago. The Rock-cut monuments are well preserved for the tourists to study the cultural heritage of India. History lovers will enjoy every inch of each stone at Mahabalipuram
Day 1: Start from Bangalore, reach Kanchipuram and visit the temples.
- The driver will pick the guests from the hotel in Bangalore and drive to Kanchipuram which is almost 5 hours journey from Banglore.
- We will reach Kanchipuram and visit Kamakshi Amman Temple, and is dedicated to goddess Kamakshi. It is believed that this temple is existing even before Aadi Shankaracharya's period.
- Visit Ekambareshwar temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and was built by Pallavas.
- Also take a visit to Varadharaja Perumal Temple, which is dedicated to lord Vishnu. This temple has a 100 pillar hall which becomes a major attraction.
- Kanchi Kailasanathar temple was constructed using sandstone for most of the sculptures. The architecture of this temples resembles the style of architecture at Mahabalipuram.
- The driver will drop the guests back to the hotel in Kanchipuram.
Day 2: Drive to Mahabalipuram, visit temple and group of monuments and drive back to Bangalore.
- Start the day early and drive to Mahabalipuram which is 66 km from Kanchipuram which almost takes one and half hours.
- Visit Shore temple which Mahabalipuram is famous for, built by Pallavas which overlooks the sea.
- Take a visit to Pancha Rathas which are dedicated to Pandavas and also visit rock-cut temples and a lighthouse from where we can witness the aerial view of the town.
- Arjuna's penance, Krishna's butter ball and other rock-cut temples are also part of group of monuments which are considered to be UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- We will drive back to Bangalore which is 350 km away and reach late evening.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bangalore city hotel/residence
- All transportation using private air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV (as chosen)
- Driver and fuel charges
- Usage of 750 KM (more than sufficient)
- Interstate taxes
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 10990 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.