Vellore Sightseeing Day Tour from Chennai
Vellore-The city of Golden temple, known for its 16th-century Vellore Fort, Jalakandeswarar Temple with many ornate sculptures and more. On this day tour from Chennai, cover the key attractions of Vellore in a private cab.
- Explore the fort of Vellore which represents Vijayanagara architecture.
- Visit Sripuram, a golden temple which is built in 100 acres of land.
- Hassle free tour with an experienced driver.
Vellore is a city in the state of Tamil Nadu, in southern India. It's known for 16th-century Vellore Fort, with its imposing granite walls and surrounding moat. It’s as if the spirits and memories of the past still linger here, walking the halls and streets to remind people of the roles that this city had played long ago. Vellore has done a wonderful job preserving its history, which it takes so much pride in. This is evident in its beautiful 16th-century fort and the intricately decorated ancient temples that are still standing here. These historic structures are what draw tourists into the city, making it a huge urban tourist stop in Tamil Nadu.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Chennai city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Vellore is about 140 kilometres from Chennai and may take up to 4 hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Vellore Fort, a magnificent fort which was built during Krishnadeva Raya, Vijayanagara emperor. The fort has a temple, mosque and a church. This shows that the king gave importance to all the religions.
- Jalakandeshwar temple, which is a great example of Vijayanagara architecture and this temple took 50 years to complete.
- Tipu Mahal and Hyder Mahal inside the fort, which has 180-200 rooms each.
- Sripuarm - a golden temple which is constructed in 2007 by using 1.5 tonnes of gold, is the biggest structure made out of gold. The temple is built in 100 acres of area.
- Assumption church, which was constructed in 1854 and has a fine architecture.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to the hotel/residence in the Chennai city limits.
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 350 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4370 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.