Bodh Gaya One-Day Sightseeing Tour from Patna
Take a private day tour of one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites, Bodh Gaya, formerly known as Uruwela. Known to be the place where Prince Siddartha (Lord Buddha) gave up the aesthetic and luxurious living.
- Visit the places like the Mahabodhi Temple, Chinese Temple, The Great Buddha Statue and many more during this tour.
- Hassle-free tour from Patna to Bodhgaya.
- Service of a well-maintained car and an experienced driver.
It is in Gaya, where under a Banyan Tree known as the Bodhi Tree he achieved the Enlightenment and the religion of Buddhism was born. The Temple of Mahabodhi, to the east of the Bodhi Tree, is a 170 feet tall visual treat for the soul. This beauty was declared as UNESCO’s World Heritage Site 15 years ago. Its brilliant architectural intricacies, especially the roof of the shrine which soars like a pyramid is absolutely marvellous. It is believed that the foundation of the shrine was laid by King Ashoka and then the major construction was done during the reign of the Gupta Empire. As Buddhism insidiously faded from India, the temple was eventually deserted. It was finally revived by archaeologist Sir Alexander Cunningham 1883 with various tough excavation efforts. The statue of Lord Buddha painted with gold and was carved by the Pala Kings of Bengal from a black stone, where he is seen in an Earth Touching seating position. Travellers can witness a serene atmosphere, filled with monks reflecting over the scripts of Dharma and meditating all over the Temple Complex.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Patna city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The drive to Bodh Gaya is about 110 kilometres from Varanasi and may take up to 4 hours.
- Upon arrival, you may visit the following suggested places, you may skip OR add a few of your own
- Mahabodhi Temple: Mahabodhi Temple is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is the location of the Bodhi tree where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment. It is an ancient complex built by Emperor Asoka in 3rd century B.C.
- Great Buddha Statue: This statue is about 20 metres tall, Buddha is seated in a Dhyana Mudra position on a lotus.
- Wat Thai Temple: Built in the year of 1956 this temple houses a large Buddha Statue.
- Indosan Nipponji: A Japanese Buddhist Temple, built in the year 1963.
- Tergar Monastery: Majestic Buddhist temple known for its richly ornate, vibrant facade, lofty prayer halls & shrines.
- Tibetan Monastery: Tibetan Monastery in Gaya was established in 1938 and is across the road from Mahabodhi Temple. A huge 'Dharmachakra' is housed within the monastery, which is said to free one of all the mortal sins.
- After the completion of your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel/residence in the Patna city limits
- All transportation using air-conditioned private cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Patna city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Limit of 300 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may skip or add some places in the region).
- Newspaper and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3790 Per Vehicle